Amber life - Amber Life

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Amber life - Amber Life

Post by SuzanneJack » 15 Jan 2020 03:13

I read the WT and watched the video, but at the beginning when she passes this, she dies instantly for no reason :? Please have a look.
savegame.0
(44.95 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
I Hate Timed Shite!!!!!!!!!!!!

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Amber life - Amber Life

Post by vimmers » 15 Jan 2020 04:06

this is 1 of my own filetry that
she also died in my game and this is why
DOZY

If you use DOZY you will not be able to finish the game. If levels these days are so hard folks can't play them without cheating, that's the community’s fault for giving such levels high marks and encouraging stupidly hard levels to be made in the first place. Tomb Raider never was about cheating and hard levels, it was about exploration and adventure, it was about being lost in huge levels and using your wits and intelligence to solve them. Tomb Raider never was about breaking fingers, controllers and keyboards with ridiculously silly hard tasks. Let's get back to Tomb Raider again, shall we?

If someone complains about Lara dying at the start of the final level and claims the game is bugged, tell them to replay the adventure from the beginning without cheating.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 15 Jan 2020 04:52

Thank you vimmers! The first part of that is so true, exploring and adventure, that is what it used to be. I never cheated on the original games, but these custom levels are BS just to get higher ratings. It's supposed to be fun, NOT stressful, and sometimes I like just blowing shit up for a stress relief. And if a builder doesn't want you to have the cheat codes, then take them the hell out, and if it's too hard, I won't play that level. I am so sick and tired of people bitching that I'm cheating ( against who?) I'm playing with myself, not with anyone else. Cheating is when you play with someone else, not your self. The older we get it's harder to play with the builder's and they can't even do some of their own timed runs or jumps. I play TR to relax, but lately it's just more stress to my life so what's the point to try and relax? Everyone play your way and I'll play mine. Sorry Gerty for bitching on this thread, but I can't take it anymore. What happened to our old family on here?

vimmers, where did you get that quote?

Torry
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Torry » 15 Jan 2020 05:35

SuzanneJack wrote:
15 Jan 2020 04:52
It's supposed to be fun, NOT stressful, and sometimes I like just blowing shit up for a stress relief.

The older we get it's harder to play with the builder's and they can't even do some of their own timed runs or jumps. I play TR to relax, but lately it's just more stress to my life so what's the point to try and relax? Everyone play your way and I'll play mine. Sorry Gerty for bitching on this thread, but I can't take it anymore. What happened to our old family on here?
Amen to that.

billie2001

Post by billie2001 » 15 Jan 2020 11:10

SuzanneJack wrote:

It's in the readme file.
The thing with DOZY is that you might not step on some trigger tile that will do a certain action needed to proceed, otherwise who cares if we "cheat" or not.
As for the difficulty, what is difficult or too complex for some of us, is fun for others. Hard to find the happy medium :D

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Jan 2020 11:14

vimmers wrote:
15 Jan 2020 04:06
this is 1 of my own filetry that
she also died in my game and this is why
sorry i forgot to upload the file
yes as billie says it's in Amber Life.doc
i don't even have docs installed so have to use google docs to read it
Attachments
savegame.0
(44.62 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 15 Jan 2020 20:29

billie2001 wrote:
15 Jan 2020 11:10
SuzanneJack wrote:

It's in the readme file.
The thing with DOZY is that you might not step on some trigger tile that will do a certain action needed to proceed, otherwise who cares if we "cheat" or not.
As for the difficulty, what is difficult or too complex for some of us, is fun for others. Hard to find the happy medium :D
Thank you billie :2thumbsup: . The thing is, I don't use DOZY, that's when she is flying. I use GUNS for unlimited health and ammo.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 15 Jan 2020 21:04

It is not just DOZY that is the issue. When you use a cheat code like unlimited ammo, health, etc., the counters for the objects and the triggers for picking them up is affected because you already have all guns, medipaks, etc., so you will not get an object properly or have something that you should not. Normally this is not a problem, but it seems that Inchdix designed the game this way.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 15 Jan 2020 23:45

Maybe not Inchdix. I suspect the insertion of the DOZY trap was GMac's idea while he was finalizing the levels for public release. I would be amazed if the readme admonition quoted above was penned by anyone other than GMac.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 16 Jan 2020 09:34

Yep, that was GMac
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 17 Jan 2020 01:04

There's my family! I think Inchdix made a great level set, frustrating for me at times, but got thru it with help from my friends. I will always cheat when I can, like I said, to blow stuff up for a stress relief :D. Thank you for the comments to make me feel better. Love my family here!!!!!!!!!!!! Sadly I deleted the level before seeing the save game. Love you people!