Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - El Jardin de Set

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Phil
Mod
Mod

Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - El Jardin de Set

Post by Phil » 09 Apr 2019 20:53

I'm surprised there's been no stuck thread for this level. At least I couldn't find one. Anyway, I'm almost done, but the door leading to the second knot remains closed after having pulled the jumpswitch over the pool in the previous room. According to the walkthrough, that should have opened the door.

TombTitan

Re: Osvaldo - The Temple of Seth - El Jardin de Set

Post by TombTitan » 10 Apr 2019 21:41

Very few people on the forums played this customlevel, so there are almost no threads on trle.net or the levelbase (despite the fact that this is one of the more enjoyable customevels of 2018).

Phil, please post a savegame so I can see what you are talking about.

"El Jardin de Set" is based on the Cleopatra tr4 and is the most unique level in this game by Osvaldo.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 10 Apr 2019 23:49

Here's my savegame standing in front of a spike-trapped corridor which cannot be accessed, because my scarab with winding key has already used up its useful life. I've already gone into the room to my left and have raided the sarcophagus in there, which I suspect may have closed the door in question after I'd opened it with the jumpswitch. If that's the case, a warning definitely needs to be added to the walkthrough.
Attachments
trepsave.0
(12 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
savegame.0
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 11 Apr 2019 03:38

Phil, you forgot to pull a jumpswitch in the room just before the room with the secret above and the doors opened by the 2 knots. That jumpswitch which you missed is the one that opens the door to the second knot. You need to go back there via the underwater passage to use the jumpswitch, then again to go back to the knot, and again back UW to get to the door opened by the 2 knots (the level ends after that).

Attached is a savegame (based on your save) showing where the jumpswitch is. You should use your original save to find this jumpswitch and finish the level.

P.S. If you did pull that jumpswitch before, then it would be a timed run, but I doubt that.
savegame.14
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
trepsave.14
(12 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 11 Apr 2019 18:39

You're right, and thanks. I replayed the entire level to make sure I did everything in the proper sequence, and I simply overlooked the sentence in the walkthrough that mentioned the jumpswitch in question. José didn't mention that side room with a sarcophagus containing a large medipack, but it's not worth editing the walkthrough to document it.