CaC19 - SrDanielPonces - Hostile Waters

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

ultraXgiotr99

CaC19 - SrDanielPonces - Hostile Waters

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 03 Nov 2019 18:03

Stucked at the wheels puzzle...I have the hint but the solution seems doesn't work :?
SpoilerShow
from the left:
1) left
2) down
3)up
Also try:
1)right
2)up
3)down

SrDanielPonces

Re: CaC19 - SrDanielPonces - Hostile Waters

Post by SrDanielPonces » 03 Nov 2019 18:08

SpoilerShow
The ship is upside down, so the sequence should be: Down, Up, Right (From left to right)

ultraXgiotr99

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 03 Nov 2019 18:10

Right...I didn't think about it :D :2thumbsup:
EDIT: finish the first level with 5 secrets I miss the second golden dragon... I will search it :D

ultraXgiotr99

Post by ultraXgiotr99 » 04 Nov 2019 11:22

Found the very well hidden Ruby Dragon and finish the game, the second level was WOW :-o :D
Beautiful work Daniel...I would like to see now the Maria Doria's part in Tomb Raider 2 Anniversary :wink:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 05 Nov 2019 08:47

need location of 3 secrets
i got
SpoilerShow
silver dragon
gold dragon
quartz dragon

nad

Post by nad » 05 Nov 2019 09:22

vimmers wrote:
05 Nov 2019 08:47
need location of 3 secrets
i got
SpoilerShow
silver dragon
gold dragon
quartz dragon
I think you miss this one:
SpoilerShow
One is in one of the bathrooms where there is water and the wall has a narrow passage. There use the hammer.
The olive dragon is in the area where the golden key (for the golden Dragon) was.
Where you had to climb the hill to get to the wheel puzzle with the poison gas, you could climb up a green rock from the left side after the hill. From the upper ship you can see the dragon.
The ruby dragon is where the wheel puzzle with the poison gas it.
The left last poison gas is timed.
Spin the wheel from the starting position in the second and third position without interruption.
The second position turns off the gas in the back of the left path and the third the first in the left path

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 05 Nov 2019 09:28

thanks my friend

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 06 Nov 2019 17:42

Vimm, if you ever find your way out at the end, let me know how. I have an unfinished walkthrough here

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 06 Nov 2019 17:48

DoggettTV posted a video walkthrough for this game on youtube 2 days ago (2 videos).

SrDanielPonces

Post by SrDanielPonces » 06 Nov 2019 18:52

It's just the 40 fathoms level path in reverse

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 06 Nov 2019 21:10

:lol:

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 07 Nov 2019 20:28

Maybe this belongs in the Technical Problems thread, but when I download and attempt to play this level, I get this error message: VCRUNTIME140.dll not found. When I click on "OK" I get more dll error messages.

I'm using XP, as does Gerty. She tells me that when she tested this level, everything worked fine. But now, she's experiencing the same thing I am.

Any suggestions?

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 07 Nov 2019 21:50

Phil,
The situation you and Gerty are experiencing is EXACTLY what I talked about over the last few days that many builders are upset about and blame the victim for their error. The problem is caused by a new plugin (plugin_SAS_Fix.dll) made especially for this level.

You need to get Microsoft's Visual C Redistributable 2019. It is available free on their website. It is 15 MB. You run it to install in Windows. However, I don't know if it will work with XP. It does work with Win7 and Win8.1. I am assuming that Win10 has it built into the code of the constant updates to that operating system.

You should search google to find the link at Microsoft. That is what I did. But make sure you get it from Microsoft because other third parties who say they have it often add malware to the download.

When you get the file, download by saving to the computer. After it has downloaded then run it. Do not run it while downloading because it can take a long time installing as it updates the registry for all Visual C based applications/games.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 07 Nov 2019 23:38

I downloaded from Microsoft vcredist_X86.exe. When I tried to install it, I got an error message saying "A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine (italics mine)." I obtained this link from another site where problems with this particular level have been discussed.

Assuming that's not the right download, I will try to google the 2019 version and report back.

Edit: The only file with a similar name approaching 15MB is VC_redist.x64.exe. It too will not install on my XP machine.
Last edited by Phil on 07 Nov 2019 23:51, edited 2 times in total.

SrDanielPonces

Post by SrDanielPonces » 07 Nov 2019 23:46

Phil wrote:
07 Nov 2019 20:28
Maybe this belongs in the Technical Problems thread, but when I download and attempt to play this level, I get this error message: VCRUNTIME140.dll not found. When I click on "OK" I get more dll error messages.

I'm using XP, as does Gerty. She tells me that when she tested this level, everything worked fine. But now, she's experiencing the same thing I am.

Any suggestions?
Hello, Phil, how are you?
Unfortunately, you need Microsoft's Visual C Redistributable 2019 in your software, however I think it probably won't work in Windows XP since it hasn't been officially supported by Microsoft for years.

The only ways you can play this level is either:
-Use a computer with a more recent software (I use Windows 7, for example), or

-Delete SAS_Fixer.dll. It is fine to delete it because all it does is increase the damage the SAS does using triggers, however, do not delete any other plugin since they are mandatory to finish the level, and without them, the game will be buggy.
By deleting the DLL, the final boss will be immensely nerfed, but that's the only way winXP users have to play it.

Unfortunately it's a matter of time until TRLE levels won't work in winXP, since plugin programmers are tending to use more recent 'tools' to make their work.

Unlike TombTitan is saying, this is not my fault as a builder. I hope you understand and regards!