Can't play TRLE games

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

Alex Chap

Re: Can't play TRLE games

Post by Alex Chap » 06 Nov 2019 13:58

To begin with, I want to say that if there is a person here who does not behave appropriately here, it's you TombTitan, acting with diplomacy has never hurt anyone and it's not by telling others to shut up that it will solve anything.

Put yourself in the place of a young person who has made a game without knowing any compatibility issues you mention. Just the way you're tolding it seems already really rude.

For the text files to include with the different information (Compatibility, secrets, bugs etc ...), I agree, it even proves how much a person is dedicated to what it does. Except here, I don't like the way you're talking to DJ Full knowing how dedicated he is to solve the problems he could find in a game, just to be sure to have an optimal experience.

Regarding, the bad side of the personality, well that's just a stupid argument. Without going on a psychological debate, it has been a long time since I don't care for what others think of me, because I am aware of my own value, and the same goes for those who know me. I can't wait to see the day when the human being will be perfect.

Teone

Post by Teone » 06 Nov 2019 14:48

TombTitan wrote:
06 Nov 2019 13:22
You people all need to just SHUT UP!
No, probably you are not an Urologist. I guess you are a General of the US Army. Your tone is always so imperative!
So... Yes Sir! I follow your order and I shut up. I hope someone will help you to play these freeware games.

Talos

Post by Talos » 06 Nov 2019 17:38

TombTitan wrote:
04 Nov 2019 22:05
Some builders have been neglectful lately to create a readme file that states they used a new dll that requires players to update their computer to use the latest version (2019) of Microsoft Visual C Redistributable. Especially in the CaC19 series.
I'm sorry, but where's the problem? I use Window 7, other Win8 or the 10, no pc is equal to the other... Relax, they're just custom levels to spend some time in cheer

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 21 Nov 2019 18:15

hi. I use Windows 10 and installed the latest version (2019) of Microsoft Visual C Redistributable as TombTitan recommended, but I can't get Hostile Waters to run. The error I get says "Error trying to load plugin: Plugin_SAS_Fix.dll Warm-Up log of "Plugin_SAS_Fix.dll": Attaching Library..." and when I hit OK it kicks me back to desktop, disabling my Windows Explorer on the Go. I would love some help as this level sounds amazing.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 21 Nov 2019 18:25

Try deleting that plugin from the download folder, as I believe all that does is slightly increase the health of the SAS guards. After that, there should be no problem. It's not a vital component towards the level.

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 21 Nov 2019 19:07

Ryan wrote:
21 Nov 2019 18:25
Try deleting that plugin from the download folder, as I believe all that does is slightly increase the health of the SAS guards. After that, there should be no problem. It's not a vital component towards the level.
That worked! Thanks Ryan :) :2thumbsup:

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 21 Nov 2019 19:25

Well that was a very short fun moment. Got the game going, pick up my first items, walk to the pipe and press Ctrl (I had watched the first two minutes of Doggett's video so I figured that's what to do, also confirmed by Phil's walkthrough), only nothing happens. I just tried standing on every possible pixel of that tile pressing Ctrl. :cry:

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 21 Nov 2019 19:39

Have you tried running to the pipe from a distance and then pressing Ctrl near the end of Lara's running animation? I know that a couple of the original TR4 moves (particularly using the Ignition Key on the Jeep) require a bit of precision in that respect.

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 21 Nov 2019 19:41

tried that, and other things. Got it fixed now, although it seems a bit of a weird way of fixing things... I decided to jump to my death and performed a beautiful swandive down to the bottom of the hole. Reloaded the game after that and hey presto!
- I had loaded the game at least five times and it wouldn't work until now. :)