TRViewer Crash

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Perceiver

TRViewer Crash

Post by Perceiver » 29 Jul 2019 05:33

Hi guys, I've been trying to use TRViewer (wanna set the lighting of all my statics to "external") but it crashes everytime I try to load my custom wad (it works fine with original tr4 wads though)... What could be causing this? Is it because I have "extra slots" in the wad? Or may be some specific object that is the problem? Thank you :D
And what is that final shape? It is a fire without fuel, burning forever, killing death, asking a question that is its own answer, entirely itself.

Trikazz

Re: TRViewer Crash

Post by Trikazz » 29 Jul 2019 17:17

Perceiver wrote:
29 Jul 2019 05:33
Hi guys, I've been trying to use TRViewer (wanna set the lighting of all my statics to "external") but it crashes everytime I try to load my custom wad (it works fine with original tr4 wads though)... What could be causing this? Is it because I have "extra slots" in the wad? Or may be some specific object that is the problem? Thank you :D
This tool sometimes can't read the level editors correctly (I think it may be the new slots) but several like TR-Redemption, AAI, and LB levels you can see, but I think the problem is the editor itself, because even my cac level (which I wanted to see if it worked correctly crashed to a level with only classic objects) maybe other sites have a better version.

le't me know for me ... :D

Titak

Re: TRViewer Crash

Post by Titak » 01 Aug 2019 12:21

Perhaps you need an updated version of TRViewer.
Sapper has made some changes to the program: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showth ... p?t=204226

I've been using that for quite some time now and it works much better than the older versions.
I'm using TRNG so the files created with that do open fine.
Nothing is in contradiction with nature,
only in contradiction with what we know of it.