BtB 2015 - The Secret of Rhodes Island

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Phil
Mod
Mod

Re: BtB 2015 - The Secret of Rhodes Island

Post by Phil » 02 Dec 2015 00:01

I've encountered a game-stopping bug about halfway through this level, one that hasn't been addressed elsewhere. Here's where I am as documented in the walkthrough:

Hang down near the door on the right (W), drop one time and go around the corner, then back jump with roll to get to the next pillar, shimmy to the right and jump up. Back jump and roll to the platform. Jump over and use the TIMED lever and drop to the ground floor, quickly go left and jump on the small pillar E and from there to the one higher, push the button and roll, run jump back to that pillar with the Timed button because we have to do this once again, to open the second door and the pillars and button are in the NW corner. The jump back to the button saves you the trip back through the crowbar door and traps.

I cannot perform the timed run, because in my game the pillar beneath the timed lever is phantom and Lara won't stand on it to pull the lever. In order to continue I had to use Dutchy's savegame at the point shortly after the sequence described above, where both doors are now open.

EDIT: I'm reasonably sure that using god mode did not create this condition. I'm still on Windows XP, which may or may not be the answer.
Last edited by Phil on 02 Dec 2015 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 02 Dec 2015 09:13

"God mode" catching up on you? :anxious:

Never saw this in my runthroughs and believe me I've done that run many times (testing twice and for the walk twice more)

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 02 Dec 2015 11:01

Francoise at the levelbase had the same problem, loading her savegame on my PC it then worked.

I don't really remember - does godmode not result in Lara having all weapons ? Because with those savegames from Francoise Lara did not have all weapons (even the bow was missing), so no godmode was used ?
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

reborn1995

Post by reborn1995 » 04 Jul 2019 19:05

Vimmers

Not sure what you mean by "protect that first"--the walk through just says to kill them close up with back to the wall. Is that not right?

Gerty -

Sorry. I searched the forum by builder name and nothing came up. So that's why I started a new thread.
Your life is an occasion. Rise to it. -Mr. Magorium

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 04 Jul 2019 19:18

No problem :D

As for the centaur, can you put up a save, I still have that level on my PC so I can have a look (it has been too long ago I played that one). A bit strange that you should loose health while shooting them.
Oops, I did it again... Image

reborn1995

Post by reborn1995 » 04 Jul 2019 19:41

Here's my save. Take a couple steps left and they'll show up.
Attachments
savegame.12
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 04 Jul 2019 22:21

You are correct with the loosing health of Lara.
Point is they also are shooting at her but you don't see any fire or weapons.
It did cost me in all two small medipacks while shooting with only Lara's trusted guns.
Nice thing I didn't notice (as of course I fell into the hole in the floor) I could walk over the lava there :D
Oops, I did it again... Image

reborn1995

Post by reborn1995 » 04 Jul 2019 22:34

Ohhhh...I see. It's just that my health loss was lining up so perfectly with my own shots, I thought I was shooting myself. Alright. Well it definitely took me more than 3 medipacks. But now I'm on my way. Thanks!