Sabatu - Mystery of The Lost Pyramid - level I

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Re: Sabatu - Mystery of The Lost Pyramid - level I

Post by Gerty » 01 Jun 2019 21:57

Here you go Suz, got you back to the entrance after using the lever.
savegame.1
(42.86 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Oops, I did it again... Image

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 01 Jun 2019 22:03

You are my Princess!!!!!!! Thank you Gerty! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
I Hate Timed Shite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teone
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Teone » 02 Jun 2019 10:24

Dutchy wrote:
31 May 2019 12:35
Do the secrets work for everybody else? Got a small medipack earlier which was clearly meant as a secret, but no sound and it didn't count too and now I get uzi clips after shooting a chain and boulder and that has the same problem for me, no sound no count, but clearly a secret? :? What could be wrong at my end.....
It happened to me too. Some secrets don't work. I tried to reload a save and then it worked. If you don't hear the sound it means that the secret hasn't been counted in the statistics. It's an annoying bug because one cannot know if that is a secret or a simple pickup. :annoyed:
SpoilerShow
I tested this problem with the uzi clips located where you shot the chain of the second boulder, and also the secret in the room you enter after targeting the ball.

nad

Post by nad » 02 Jun 2019 14:11

The uzi clips mentioned are no secret, but this (picture) is a secret.
Attachments
3s.jpg
Stay at home and play Tomb Raider custom levels

Teone
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Teone » 02 Jun 2019 14:36

I'm pretty sure those uzi clips sounded like secret in my end the first time, then when I repeated the sequence it was not a secret anymore. The opposit for the secret in your screen: at the first visit was not a secret, then the second time it was. I'm confused. :? It seems those two secrets are connected in some way: if you take one of them, then the other is counted as a simple pickup. This evening I'll go to check again. I'm curious.

EDIT:
I checked right now! As I supposed, the two secrets are connected.
Try this save! You can choose to get the uzi secret or the other one of nad's screen but not both :)
Attachments
savegame.0
(42.81 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

nad

Post by nad » 02 Jun 2019 15:31

You are right :2thumbsup:
But first you have to do the first room on my picture before you come to the rolling balls.
So that should be the right one.
I wonder if the pickups in the room where you have to shoot down three bones to open the gate is also a double secret.
Stay at home and play Tomb Raider custom levels

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 02 Jun 2019 17:38

Only the ones that actually have sound and count are secrets, I found all 10 now after ending the level
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 02 Jun 2019 18:20

Teone and Nad,
If you are getting secret counts/chimes on these other objects, then they are game BUGS (and you should let Sabatu know about it). Sabatu was insistent in a reply to my inquiry on secrets last week on another forum that there are ONLY 10 secrets in the game. He said that he had tested this many times. There are many places in this game where you would think you found a secret (as in other builders' games), but Sabatu said that none of them were secrets, especially the room that is very difficult to get to! Apparently, Sabatu likes to trick players regarding secrets.

The uzi clips are not a secret, but the close proximity in the game construction may make it a secret under certain gameplay circumstances, and this is a game bug if you get it to register to as a secret (I did not since I missed the true secret during my first run through of these rooms)!

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 02 Jun 2019 19:15

A secret by any other name would chime as sweet[ly]...

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 02 Jun 2019 23:18

Will someone get to this platform Please? I don't know how to do that slow step and then jump trick :(
savegame.0
(53.07 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 02 Jun 2019 23:47

Suzanne,

I don't know where you intend to go, but this block platform that Lara is standing on is NOT used for anything (only 2 corners are used, and the other one facing the same direction is used to get to the room high on the distant wall, but it is unnecessary to go there to complete the game---the block platform behind where Lara is standing is used to get to the other buildings on the right side).

To get to the building on the right, Lara climbs on the rocks from the water. There is a flat ledge there, and then Lara jumps up to the right and jumps into the entrance. Beware, that there is a deadly big scorpion that will attack immediately if you get to the top of the entrance ramp (you can shoot it with pistols from the base of the building ramp, but the ceiling obscures the view if you are too far down the ramp).

P.S. The long jump move is: back up, jump up, and then run and jump forward to where you want to go. It doesn't always work.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 02 Jun 2019 23:58

TT I'm going by the video and it shows to get there and kill a scorpion :? I'm so confused! Maybe I uploaded the wrong save :?

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 03 Jun 2019 00:07

Suzanne,
Ignore the video when it comes to jumps or paths (only use it to know where to go). Whoever made the video has a "showoff" personality and wants to do it in the least seconds looking like an Olympic gymnast. That is a nearly impossible jump from that platform. Do it the way I said, which is very easy to do every time! And takes far less time to make it if you count all the failed attempts at a long jump.

Just jump in the water and swim to the rocks and climb on the water-level ledge, and jump up to get to the scorpion.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 03 Jun 2019 00:13

TombTitan wrote:
03 Jun 2019 00:07
Suzanne,
Ignore the video when it comes to jumps or paths (only use it to know where to go). Whoever made the video has a "showoff" personality and wants to do it in the least seconds looking like an Olympic gymnast. That is a nearly impossible jump from that platform. Do it the way I said, which is very easy to do every time! And takes far less time to make it if you count all the failed attempts at a long jump.

Just jump in the water and swim to the rocks and climb on the water-level ledge, and jump up to get to the scorpion.

Thank you TT I did that

Thank you TT I did that

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 03 Jun 2019 03:16

Regarding double secrets:

1. Shooting the bones to open the gate and going there is NOT a secret ("double choice secret"). I tested this today by not getting any of the official secrets in the pyramid area, and there was no secret chime/count for going in the gate after shooting the bones.

2. Although the uzi clips in the boulder part of the level will register as a secret ("double choice secret") (I tried it with my old saves), you can only do this AFTER completing all of the tasks in that part of the level and opening the pit to the pyramid area. And as nad pointed out, you would presumably have registered the secret at the ledge with the raised block and lever room previously. Thus, I still think this is a game bug that is accidentally created by a trigger error of some kind. But then again maybe Sabatu intended this too. He will need to answer this question.