Mod
Mod

Re: TR4 & Ultrawide Resoltuion

Post by Phil » 24 Feb 2019 19:31

vimmers wrote:
24 Feb 2019 14:48
everytime you run a trle setup no matter which one you use
it changes the setup of every trle level you play
Vimmers is right. Once I changed the setup in Bigfoot's level and resumed play for a while, the similar problem with Temple of Seth had disappeared when I next fired it up.

Jorge, Neon God, just like Temple of Seth, does not have a built-in setup structure, so if you'll install one of the newer levels that does, and follow OverRaider's tip (check bilinear filtering), you should see the same result that I did.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 24 Feb 2019 19:47

Oh, thanks. :)

It worked like a charm. Many thanks again. :2thumbsup:

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 25 Feb 2019 01:59

I don't believe that Parnassus is as sinister as some fear. I suggest that the following be added to the info page:

TECHNICAL ISSUE #2: When you finish playing the game, run setup again and make sure that bilinear filtering is checked (to avoid the "TR1 effect" in other levels you play).

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 25 Feb 2019 09:52

Fully agree. After all, I remember running Virus Total and it exe wasn't much of an issue - that is, it wasn't an issue to the vast majority of antiviruses. In spite of Windows Defender and all that ("and all that" being Windows Defender, lol).

Now we know what went on, I think. Still, doing that to other levels does deserve a warning methinks.

OverRaider

Post by OverRaider » 25 Feb 2019 11:31

So just out of curiosity I downloaded the level in question and had a look into a folder of it and with all respect I must say that it's a bit messy, I mean there are files which are absolutely not needed to be there to be able playing the level, so let's have a look

All those files which are highlighted in blue are not needed therefore you can delete them, most of them are plugin files needed for editor.
bass.dll is needed for audio to be working properly but it will create itself in the folder in your pc once you start the exe for the first time and it is recommended that it should be created in there by your pc and not other's.
WinBeep.dll is a file needed for TRNG scripter I think, how did it end up in this folder anyway? :?
d3d9.dll I have no idea what this dll file is for :?

Well, the author uses lots of plugins of which some features might be buggy and for example author could use a feature which forces bilinear filtering to turn off to apply for "tr1 effect" and it could affect the setup itself, but it's just an assumption...

I am using AkyV's plugin myself but have never used any of those other plugins
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 10 Mar 2019 20:05

I'm not starting yet another thread about this, so...

Back to Secret of Mount Parnassus and this is what I got (I mean, this is the explanation, not what I actually got) was a sudden end to the game almost as soon as I started, no more lower taskbar on the screen and the exe being quarantined. Now, I can't even get it back to the folder or anything. So I give up. But yeah, what I got was this: https://malwarefixes.com/threats/trojanwin32-azden-acl/ .

That was Microsoft Defender's work. Avast also says it's some Trojan of sorts, it doesn't really matter how they name things differently. So, I give up. Too much of a hassle, dammit.

In the meantime, I enjoyed replaying Neon God.

There's an issue and the issue isn't addressed. I'm a bit tired of the situation and don't you even dare say it's all for free. Please... Someone could poison me with cyanide (just to be a little explicit, the relation is certainly not direct) and they'd do it for free too.

I'll stick to games that present no potential malware problems - true or false. What a shame.