Osvaldo - Temple of Tinnos

players help players

Moderators: mugs, Gerty

Post Reply
User avatar
Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 9821
Joined: 21 May 2003 04:26
Location: Portugal (Porto area)

Osvaldo - Temple of Tinnos

Post by Jorge22 » 17 Jan 2019 18:41

Before I am informed of it, I'm aware that there's a written walkthrough as well as a video walkthrough.

I got the four masks but I couldn't find anywhere to place them, so I had to take a look at the end of the walkthrough(s) and here's the deal: the gate by the switch that starts a timed run, the one that I think should be opened by now, is not.

Please, tell me if I missed something before I write a review and mention I found a bug. I don't want to claim something that's actually not that way, so I'll wait a little before typing it. Thank you.
Image

Phil
Mod
Mod
Posts: 5522
Joined: 12 Apr 2002 23:57
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA

Re: Osvaldo - Temple of Tinnos

Post by Phil » 17 Jan 2019 19:22

Written walkthroughs (mine, anyway) are not designed for use only on occasions when a player finds himself stuck at a given point. Frequently some necessary earlier action must have been taken to make something happen in the "stuck" area, and it's not always clear what that action was. That's the case here, as I took a cursory look at the walkthrough and was unable quickly to identify what opens the gate in question. I doubt there's any warrant to use the "bug" word here, and can only suggest that you go back to a previous savegame and replay the last five minutes or so, following the walkthrough, to see what you might have missed.

User avatar
DoggettTV
Member
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: 06 Jul 2018 15:01
Location: Italy

Re: Osvaldo - Temple of Tinnos

Post by DoggettTV » 17 Jan 2019 20:01

Jorge22 wrote:
17 Jan 2019 18:41
Before I am informed of it, I'm aware that there's a written walkthrough as well as a video walkthrough.

I got the four masks but I couldn't find anywhere to place them, so I had to take a look at the end of the walkthrough(s) and here's the deal: the gate by the switch that starts a timed run, the one that I think should be opened by now, is not.

Please, tell me if I missed something before I write a review and mention I found a bug. I don't want to claim something that's actually not that way, so I'll wait a little before typing it. Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ZYHRiZmX0&t=16s
The gate that enters the room of the 4 Puzzle Holes (The Masks Rooms)
Opens when you shoot the Jar with the Revolver + Lasersight in the ceiling in the previous room. ^^
Minute of the Video: 11:26

User avatar
Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 9821
Joined: 21 May 2003 04:26
Location: Portugal (Porto area)

Re: Osvaldo - Temple of Tinnos

Post by Jorge22 » 17 Jan 2019 20:14

Oh, thanks! I knew the revolver and lasersight had to be there for some reason (normally). But, you know, that is so easy to miss...
Image

User avatar
DoggettTV
Member
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: 06 Jul 2018 15:01
Location: Italy

Re: Osvaldo - Temple of Tinnos

Post by DoggettTV » 18 Jan 2019 01:59

Jorge22 wrote:
17 Jan 2019 20:14
Oh, thanks! I knew the revolver and lasersight had to be there for some reason (normally). But, you know, that is so easy to miss...
I found it fortunately the first time ahahahahah
Anyway, you're welcome :3

User avatar
SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 7660
Joined: 02 Dec 2002 17:03
Location: IL USA

Re: Osvaldo - Temple of Tinnos

Post by SuzanneJack » 23 Apr 2019 01:32

Can someone post a pic of where the Desert Eagle is??? I'm going back to saves and can't find it.

User avatar
DoggettTV
Member
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: 06 Jul 2018 15:01
Location: Italy

Re: Osvaldo - Temple of Tinnos

Post by DoggettTV » 23 Apr 2019 07:51

SuzanneJack wrote:
23 Apr 2019 01:32
Can someone post a pic of where the Desert Eagle is??? I'm going back to saves and can't find it.
In This Jar :)
Attachments
Screen.jpg

User avatar
vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 11735
Joined: 15 Mar 2002 16:10
Location: denmark

Re: Osvaldo - Temple of Tinnos

Post by vimmers » 23 Apr 2019 12:42

i haven't played this level
but aren't it belonging to unofficial levels
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31565

User avatar
Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week
Posts: 14917
Joined: 17 Dec 2015 10:26
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Osvaldo - Temple of Tinnos

Post by Ryan » 23 Apr 2019 12:56

No, that's Return to Tinnos which is already in that forum: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31565
Image

TombTitan
Member
Member
Posts: 690
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 08:11

Re: Osvaldo - Temple of Tinnos

Post by TombTitan » 24 Apr 2019 04:34

SuzanneJack,
Contrary to what DoggettTV wrote, there is no desert eagle in the "Temple of Tinnos" game (TR4) [DoggettTV refers to the revolver]. The desert eagle is in Osvaldo's "Return to Tinnos" (TR3). In that game, the desert eagle is found in the room with Secret 2 (right corner near entrance with ammo). It is a nasty timed run to get Secret 2, and you can not go back to get it once you slide down to the quicksand/lava areas. Read the walkthrough for further information. You do not need the desert eagle to finish the game, but it would definitely make it much easier to fight the enemies.

P.S. Obviously these posts on this subject belong in the other unofficial custom level thread that I had started weeks ago, but SuzanneJack would probably not see it there.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: STEPH50 and 33 guests