My TRLE is tiny :(

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Manymee

My TRLE is tiny :(

Post by Manymee » 23 Oct 2018 16:17

Hi guys, it's tickling me to at least try to mess around with the LE - not that I have much time, but hey. Problem is, the one I have (which came with the Chronicles game way back when) is in, I reckon, 800x600. How can I make it grow up like a good boy?

Mulf

Re: My TRLE is tiny :(

Post by Mulf » 23 Oct 2018 18:05

It’s 1024 x 768 actually, which is its maximum size and meant full screen on pretty much any PC monitor back in the day; you can’t trick it into being any larger (Alt + Enter only draws a black frame around it). It’s one of the reason why a new editor was developed (the NGLE). You should probably give that one a try, as it solves various other issues as well (it’s more stable, the rooms don’t spin around insanely fast, etc.), and you don’t even have to work your way into using the new engine that goes with it (TRNG) if you don’t want to. (And if you don’t, you may want to download an older version of NGLE—see http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpos ... ostcount=1.)

P. S. There’s an even newer, fancier-looking editor now that’s been out for a year or so (Tomb Editor), but having never used it, I can’t vouch for it.
Last edited by Mulf on 24 Oct 2018 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 23 Oct 2018 20:22

Thank you very much Mulf, and also for mentioning the insane spinning bit; I remember that from when I reinstalled it about 10 years ago(?) and it completely put me off using it. I'll download that older newer thing and give it a spin! :D

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 23 Oct 2018 20:31

Eek - didn't work. NGLE (the older) is still tiny.
NGLE (the newer) is also still tiny.

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 23 Oct 2018 21:56

O my, this is embarrassing! :eek: I totally forgot that, yes, the LE interface doesn’t actually get bigger in NGLE—I suppose I’ve become so used to it now, even though I used to be just as irritated with it as you are. I’m sorry for the mistake. :blush:

Still, NGLE resolves the other issues of the original TRLE I mentioned, so it’s the better option anyway. And if you can’t work with its small interface, there’s still Tomb Editor (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=218924).
Last edited by Mulf on 31 Oct 2018 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 23 Oct 2018 23:46

tehehehe - ok :D
I'm gonna download that one. Thanks Mulf :)

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 24 Oct 2018 08:49

you can also try to use sizer
http://www.brianapps.net/sizer/
it works for many programs+games

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 24 Oct 2018 10:48

Thanks Vimmers, I tried this just now but it only resizes the black surround window of the LE, so I think I'll stick with Tomb Editor.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 24 Oct 2018 15:50

you have right
i should have tested it first :(

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 24 Oct 2018 19:12

what a stubborn program ey.

anyhoo. I don't want to turn this thread into my personal tutorial thread, but since I am not now using trle or the two ng ones, but Tomb Editor, I can't really follow the tutorial that Core added to the trle back in the day. So I'm sorta trying from what I remember about 18 years ago when I actually built the tutorial level. So yesterday I made a completely black room with Lara in it, yay! After that I made another huge noobly textured room with nothing but Lara in it, yay! (both I could preview/play) Today I made a different room. The project is called differently, and I don't even know where my two nubly rooms from yesterday went. But trying to preview (build and play) my new, somewhat less nubly room, I just can't seem to find it. Watched a video on youtube by LWMTE(is that right) and he goes on about configuration, so ok, I check that, the first (where the runtime game components reside) points to the program 86 /trle folder; the second for the built tr4 file points to my extra specially made folder for my super level, and the target exectuble is the one in the tomb editor/game/tomb4.exe. Problem is, when I try to build and play, all that comes up are my two disappointing rooms from yesterday.
So, while it would be awesome if someone could help me at least figure out my configurational mess, it would be a lot awesomer if there was a tutorial project for blatant nubs such as I concerning everything, because the vid I watched really adresses people who already have a clue or two about the old trle. *scratches head*