A proposal for this summer

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Zaffiro

A proposal for this summer

Post by Zaffiro » 22 May 2018 23:27

Hello, everyone!
First of all, I hope this is the right spot to publish this proposal. If it's not, I ask the administrator/the moderators to move it to the most appropriate spot.

So, I have a story involving Lara Croft and the Thirteenth Doctor from "Doctor Who":
https://zaffiro84.deviantart.com/journa ... -732238786
Technically Thirteen is a newborn, so I can give her any personality trait that I want, at least until this October, when the series will come back on TV. :D
And since it's a "What if" of a bigger "What if" series, where I've rewritten many things (i.e. Larson Conway is still "alive" and Croft Manor was never destroyed by Lara's doppelganger, while Gallifrey is still reduced to ashes and Seth/Sutekh* managed to go beyond the mere control of the Doctor's mind),** there's the chance to develop the story in any way, although I already wrote the ending. :2thumbsup:
My intention is to combine the plot and some elements of the first two TR movies, especially the first, and making The Valeyard as the main villain alongside Manfred Powell. This story already exists in written form (at least its beginning, already published, and its ending, still unpublished)... but this time I would prefer to play it as a TRLE. 8)
So my intention is basically mixing two media like I did in my fourth novel "Addio, ci vediamo dopo".

The only problem?
I tried countless times to install and use the TRLE editor, but to me, it's like maths. And I'm terrible at maths unless it's selling and buying items. :cry3:
Therefore, I'm looking for a TRLE builder that is willing to help me create this game. :idea:

What I wish to do:
1) I usually require a prior knowledge of both TR and DW, even the most basic. :tongue2: However, this time, since it's a "What if" story which is part of a bigger "What if series", and therefore this is an extremely exceptional case, I can answer any questions and clarify any doubts about DW to those who genuinely wish to give me a hand. :yay: For instance, if you don't know who the Valeyard is, I will tell what I know about him. If you're a fan of TR, but you never saw the first movie, I will tell who Manfred Powell is. If you have doubts about what happened in my series prior to this story, I will tell you what you need to know (and no, don't ask to translate an entire crossover, as I haven't enough brain cells to do that, since I'm currently doing my best to get a new life in Dublin), although I mean to create a stand-alone story that is kinda disconnected with what happened before. Well, sort of. :D
2) I will provide some music to be included in the audio folder. I would like to be credited for making/suggesting them.
3) I will provide pictures, texts and sources for the continuation and the completion of this story. I would like to be credited for making/suggesting them.
4) I will provide constant communication. I have a PC dated 2008 and no Internet connection, unless it's Wi-Fi, so I can't be always online. However, I will keep in touch with you as soon as I can. :2thumbsup:
5) I will provide the links promoting my paid products, like the "Cave" of GMac, which is a free TRLE by all means and purposes but contains the links to buy a book he wrote. :)
6) I will provide the two links to a series of mp3 and video mashups made by me that homage both the series. I properly credited the sources of the material I used (867 MB of fun and wonder, ladies and gentlemen!).

What I wish you to be/to do:
1) My preference is for an expert TRLE builder since I can't provide any technical help. For instance, don't ask how to create an animation of Lara that opens a door, because I have no idea of how it's done. XD
2) I would like to play a TRLE without any timed runs. However, if you wish to create it, then please create a version without any timed runs, so I can play it without being forced to ask someone for a savegame. :(
3) I would prefer that you use a Next Gen editor, but I'm fine with the classic TRLE editor. Just keep in mind that I would like to fight the Shiva statues, but also the Shadow Guardians from the TR film of 2003 (and since I'm convinced that the Vashta Nerada from DW were inspired by the Shadow Guardians, we could combine both the species, and that would be so cool!).
4) I prefer the fantasy, the style and the gameplay of the Core games, but the graphics and the characters of the Crystal Dynamics games (the trilogy 2006-2008). I enjoy some of the music from the Square Enix games (like I do with some of the Core and Crystal games' music), so we could use it as well, plus I have no particular problems with the new Lara and the new stories, but I thought it would be fair to state my personal preferences. And besides, this specific Lara is a very mature woman, while Thirteen looks younger (although Thirteen is centuries older than Lara). So far my personal favourite TRLEs are "King Arthur Project" and "Cakeworld", games full of fantasy and creativity that are not too hard to play (more "Cakeworld" than "K.A.P.", but whatever :D). I'm not a fan of coastal and laboratory levels, but we could include them if the plot of this TRLE demands their inclusion.
5) I set no specific deadlines, but I demand constant communication about the progress of this project. What's done and what's left to do.
6) The TRLE must be ours. Mine and yours.
7) You must have fun. It's a dramatic story, but that doesn't mean that we can't smile here and there. I mean, in my whole crossover I made many jokes and references to other works that have nothing to do with both the series, such as "Mortal Kombat". XD

If the game will be done, I make this request to all the players: review it after you finished playing it.
When the story is finished (I want to finish it, regardless of its translation into a TRLE game or not), I make this request to all the readers: review it after you finished reading it.
This is a concept that is extremely important to me. But since you already opened the link above and learned my association with Project Comment, I guess that you already know that. :up:

If I won't get any answers, I will finish my story in the written form and publish it on DeviantArt, telling myself that at least I have tried. :)

Have a good night! :D

* It's the same character. :egypt: Only their origins are different.
** And yes, I super summarised everything that previously happened in the prologue of this new story, so don't worry about not being on the same page. :D

Zaffiro

Re: A proposal for this summer

Post by Zaffiro » 30 May 2018 17:53

It seems that my proposal is less appealing than I thought. :D I really wanted to fight the Shadow Guardians :(, but oh well, I tried. However, when I'll have enough time and (most of all) concentration, I'll complete the story in the written form, publishing it on DeviantArt but linking it here.
In the meanwhile, I wanna share with all of you on trle.net (as a thank you for all the games you're making me play from 2012) a series of mp3 and video mashups I started to create since 2016 as a reward exclusively for myself and my brother, with the use of TR and DW material for the most part. I decided to upload everything on Mediafire, as I found out it was the easiest way.
They're not TRLEs (like I said, I have no TRLE skills), but they're things that I made exclusively for fun and with no intention of profiting from them, exactly like the TRLEs. I credited and linked to the purchase of the sources I used. For practical reasons, I preferred to link to the video sources than to the music sources: i.e. it was easier to link to the "Tomb Raider 3" game than to the music album that, as my far as my knowledge goes, doesn't exist. XD
In the end, I wrote "List updated on 25/05/2018. It might be modified from this date on. If a product is unavailable, search by the title and the author". I really wanted to make sure that the original sources would have always the chance to be supported if some links expire from that day on.
Now:
- These works must not be used for commercial purposes, and I declare here and now that I have no intention to assume any responsibility if someone does it.
- They must not be uploaded to YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo and similar. Besides, I already tried this method myself, before resorting to Mediafire.
- You can use the mp3 mashups for your TRLEs, on the sole condition that you must credit the original tracks and authors and also me, who made the mashups.
I wanna repeat it: I made everything for personal use with no intention of profiting from them. Therefore I expect you to do the same exact thing.
Finally, I asked and got the proper authorisation before proceeding and sharing these links.
So, here we go:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2h8qpu5k22f8ax4/MUP0.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9bmcma9b5 ... Readme.zip
The second link, although being only a second "read me", must be downloaded as well, as it contains a rectification and the links for purchasing the original sources.
So... have a good day. 8)
Last edited by Zaffiro on 02 Oct 2018 11:09, edited 1 time in total.

Zaffiro

Post by Zaffiro » 13 Jun 2018 18:11

Zaffiro

Post by Zaffiro » 21 Jun 2018 17:30

Zaffiro

Post by Zaffiro » 28 Jun 2018 22:04

Laughing and... exterminating*?
https://www.deviantart.com/zaffiro84/jo ... -751914914

* It could be a reference to this gag, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbGpUemSXAA, but also a reference to the favourite word of these guys here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAqoiCvyeVQ

Zaffiro

Post by Zaffiro » 11 Jul 2018 17:07

Despite the challenges I'm facing in the real life, I created many more video mashups to have much more fun.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/37gwg6gtygju45b/MUP1.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j2r7rrvagqhp5fq/MUP2.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y5v3wnj9mbmn6jz/MUP3.zip
List updated on 23/07.
Last edited by Zaffiro on 02 Oct 2018 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Zaffiro

Post by Zaffiro » 28 Jul 2018 14:59

Zaffiro

Post by Zaffiro » 04 Aug 2018 20:36

Saw this today @ Forbidden Planet in Dublin. Oh, yeah. 8)
IMG_20180804_152114 (1).jpg
IMG_20180804_152114 (1).jpg (39.29 KiB) Viewed 634 times

Zaffiro

Post by Zaffiro » 07 Oct 2018 14:01

"Doo wee ooo... " In the meanwhile, here a compilation based on "SOTTR".
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zdfpmfc862iwohm/MUP8.rar