Question Regardng a Specific Move

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

High Priestess

Question Regardng a Specific Move

Post by High Priestess » 15 Mar 2018 09:36

Hello, fellow Raiders,

I wonder if anyone can help me or at least attempt to help via the written word regarding a move of Lara's?

Sometimes, Lara will have to make a running jump but not from a regular-sized block/platform but a tiny corner square for example. I have watched many video walkthroughs when I struggle with this particular feat. What I am seeing is like a controlled walk for two paces and then a quick-step run which launches Lara onto the next block or even ladder. But I can't seem to master this (I am a PC gamer, incidentally). In the past I have had to upload a savegame in the Stuck forum because I just can't make it and end up going in the wrong direction and/or missing my target by a good few feet.

I hope my description is understandable and that you know of what I refer to. If not I will try to elaborate more. Hopefully someone can teach me how to execute this difficult move.

Many thanks,

Lo :2thumbsup:

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Re: Question Regardng a Specific Move

Post by Ryan » 15 Mar 2018 11:22

This move is indeed very precise to execute and can be quite temperamental. Basically you need to press Walk+Forward to initiate the walk manoeuvre, then release Walk, continue holding forward and press Jump to get wherever you need to be. Hope I've been of some help. :)

High Priestess

Re: Question Regardng a Specific Move

Post by High Priestess » 15 Mar 2018 18:26

Ryan wrote:
15 Mar 2018 11:22
This move is indeed very precise to execute and can be quite temperamental. Basically you need to press Walk+Forward to initiate the walk manoeuvre, then release Walk, continue holding forward and press Jump to get wherever you need to be. Hope I've been of some help. :)
Ryan, thank you. I was testing this earlier but only managed it once haha! :D Practice is needed here!

I do recall that I was really rubbish at rope-swinging too at one point. I mastered that and then I was rubbish at tightrope walking - I now have that owned too :D