Moderators: Tinka, Phil

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Walkthrough Small Talk, thread #2

Post by Dutchy » 20 Feb 2018 20:01

Phil wrote:
18 Feb 2018 13:11
I expect it'll be my turn to get picked on next.
Zey ahr on a miesjon :dunce:
Last edited by Dutchy on 09 Mar 2018 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 03 Mar 2018 18:21

#1457 — The Great Temple, by NepT1
Open all the gates and get the Globes out, the blue one goes W, the red one W and the green one N, little spheres will appear over the Globes and a pillar will rise in the middle of the floor, climb up into the room above and get some Flares there, then throw the switch S to get some water textures in that pit on the landing, but the level seems to be unplayable from here on as there’s no water under the textures and the pit is too deep to drop in. The other switch up in this room is also a mystery, I think it’s a problem with a flip-map room. Pity, such a great level ending like this…
According to reviews and the levelinfo page, this has been fixed somewhat recently. One switch properly floods the initial pit, which in turn gives access to a swim-through passage at the bottom -- and the finish trigger.

The other switch opens up yet another bookcase (I can't seem to find any references to this area in the walkthrough?!) in the library. It's for a secret, the Revolver, in the room behind the second set of pushable blue doors on the left side from the entrance.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 03 Mar 2018 21:19

Will have a look later, 2006... Boy that's a long time ago...

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 04 Mar 2018 16:16

#825 — Little Escape in Cambodia, by Ma.ximo
Swimming back to where you came from, swim left and investigate a hidden passageway in the water. Discover SECRET #3, the harpoon gun and harpoons. Now go back to where you first came into this area and surface on the shore. Look for a crawlspace behind some grass and you will see the door you opened. Go discover another jungle area with a wall on the ladder.
There is another secret to be found in this segment. After crawling past the grass, but before heading through the door, you can climb up one of the walls on the left side to locate a small medipack and the Uzis.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 09 Mar 2018 10:02

Treeble wrote:
03 Mar 2018 18:21
#1457 — The Great Temple, by NepT1

According to reviews and the levelinfo page, this has been fixed somewhat recently. One switch properly floods the initial pit, which in turn gives access to a swim-through passage at the bottom -- and the finish trigger.
Still problems with this level, after draining the pool (screenshot) for the first Star, I saved and came back later to continue, the pool was NOT empty, so save/reload caused the flipmap to reverse (all levers are used...). :beadyeyes:
Had to play it again and now the pool refuses to drain.... After the third try the pool was finally dry :annoyed:

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 10 Mar 2018 18:33

There is an ‘updated’ version of Sponge’s Runes of Dawn available at the Levelbase, dated 26 September 2017 (current download on trle.net is from April).
Not sure to what extent this is relevant, but according to Titak there are some additions.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 10 Mar 2018 23:11

We might be better off not knowing about these updates, given the havoc they've caused with existing walkthroughs written specifically for the earlier versions.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 11 Mar 2018 09:34

Yeah, we need an Early Warning System... :D

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 05 May 2018 08:04

just looked a little on Hypersquare - Second Season
and don't see all the secrets
already in level 1 missing 2
haven't looked further

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 05 May 2018 13:32

In sending me his walk, José made this observation: "Unfortunately, this time Psiko got more problems with his PC and he couldn't revise the walkthrough to add all the secrets I've missed, but even so I think this walkthrough still can be an useful guide to finish the adventure without problems for most players."

We will leave it to all you sharp-eyed players to provide information regarding the missing secrets, so we can update and complete the walk. I've added a note to this effect at the beginning of the walk.

By the way, what is the total number of secrets in Season 2, so we can start numbering them in their proper order as we make our edits?

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 05 May 2018 14:37

if you looking at and from image113.bmp to image122.bmp
in the pix folder
i get it to 19 secrets

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 05 May 2018 15:21

That seems correct.
psiko wrote:
19 Apr 2018 11:10
Anyhow, about HSs2 features, it will have the highest amont of secrets in any of my levelset :) My Tomb Raider A had 7 secrets in about 30 levels, HSs1 had 5 in 12 levels. As I was asked for more secrets (for instance by JoeTheCrazyGamer himself) HSs2 will have 19 secrets in 9.5 levels :) (don't worry for the amont of levels, some of them are really long). And the last secret to be found is the craziest secret I've ever done :) it will take you around the whole level (or so) to pick it up :)

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 05 May 2018 15:57

Thanks for the info. I've highlighted the secrets documented in the walk. By my count there are only 6, leaving another 13 (including, apparently, that final elaborate secret mentioned by Psiko). I haven't downloaded the game yet, and may not do so for quite some time, so I'll be relying on the rest of you to fill in the gaps.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 05 May 2018 19:29

I am in the penultimate level "The Empire of Demons". I have all 23 secrets so far (18 from HS2). The #22 and #23 secrets are in this penultimate level, as is #24. If you haven't listed all of the secrets in the walkthrough by the time I finish, hopefully next week, then I'll help fill in the gaps. I hope I can pick up the readily seen remaining secret (#24), but as Psiko said it will be a special case to get it.
Last edited by TombTitan on 07 May 2018 03:03, edited 1 time in total.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 05 May 2018 23:49

Thanks much, TombTitan. That will be a big help. Try to provide as much detail as possible so I can simply cut and paste your additions at the proper places in the text. Of course, you'll be duly credited for your contributions.