Fragments Of The Core

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

Will Raider

Fragments Of The Core

Post by Will Raider » 05 Jan 2018 02:51

Hey guys! Long time no see! I don't chat as much, but I am still addicted to TRLE lol.

I wanted to ask if anyone can send me this game as we all know Horus wanted it removed from the website, but I honestly think she isn't around anymore to complain about it. Even if someone can send me a link via PM, I would greatly appreciate it.

I loved this game when I played it a long time ago and am desperate to play it again.

Thank you!

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Re: Fragments Of The Core

Post by Gerty » 05 Jan 2018 09:04

Have a look at the Hungerian site: https://treditor.hu/english/index.html
Oops, I did it again... Image

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 05 Jan 2018 12:08

Will Raider wrote:
05 Jan 2018 02:51
but I honestly think she isn't around anymore to complain about it.
That’s a bit of a playground attitude, isn’t it? Is that how inheritances are handled in your family? ‘Who cares, the guy isn’t going to complain now, is he?’ :)

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 05 Jan 2018 12:56

and i am sure nadine still lurking around in the forums
last time i saw her wrote something
she was thinking to release fotc 2 to public

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 05 Jan 2018 19:46

According to her profile she hasn't lurked here since September 21, 2015. Actually, the "what they don't know will hurt them badly" ploy is standard fare in the legal profession, sad to say.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 05 Jan 2018 20:28

well maybe she hasn't logged in
there are many there are on the forum without log in
Who is online
In total there are 66 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
Most users ever online was 294 on 30 Dec 2017 15:56
if it was a closed forum they can't read anything before they log in

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 05 Jan 2018 20:59

Regardless whether they're active on the forums or not, it's not a commendable attitude towards any level designer. It was a decision she made, she had her reasons, and we should respect them even if we disagree with them.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 06 Jan 2018 01:42

I guess Will has phrased it badly then... :roll:

Yes. I do respect them (what else could I do, anyway? But I do). I also disagree with them and the attitude behind them. Still, I understand my disagreeing with the attitude is more arguable.

I also think Nadine has put herself in a situation in which she can't really release FotC2 even if she wants to...
:thinking2:

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 06 Jan 2018 02:34

Jorge22 wrote:
06 Jan 2018 01:42
I guess Will has phrased it badly then... :roll:
He’s actually summed it up quite succinctly. Unlike yourself, who seem to be vacillating. :roll:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 06 Jan 2018 02:37

Well, it's still my opinion. It's not all black and white.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 06 Jan 2018 14:34

There's more than one thing going on here. Mulf's reaction to Will's post seems to have been prompted by the cavalier attitude expressed there. However, the discussion has since shifted to the merits of Nadine's decision to withdraw FOTC. We've been through all this before, but when a work is released online for public consumption, it becomes part of the public domain and its creator has neither the ability nor the "right" to later change her mind and undo that process. Nadine can make the request to remove further access to her work, which Michael has honored at this site, but others (such as the Hungarian site) are free to ignore that request. Sure, there are valid arguments on either side, but it boils down to whose interests are more important, the creator's or the public's.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 06 Jan 2018 15:37

vimmers wrote:
05 Jan 2018 20:28
well maybe she hasn't logged in
I stand corrected. I overlooked the fact that you can keep up with what's going on over here without having to sign in.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 06 Jan 2018 18:11

Phil wrote:
06 Jan 2018 14:34
There's more than one thing going on here. Mulf's reaction to Will's post seems to have been prompted by the cavalier attitude expressed there. However, the discussion has since shifted to the merits of Nadine's decision to withdraw FOTC. We've been through all this before, but when a work is released online for public consumption, it becomes part of the public domain and its creator has neither the ability nor the "right" to later change her mind and undo that process. Nadine can make the request to remove further access to her work, which Michael has honored at this site, but others (such as the Hungarian site) are free to ignore that request. Sure, there are valid arguments on either side, but it boils down to whose interests are more important, the creator's or the public's.
I couldn't have said it better. If Nadine (or anybody else) had published their work in their own site they would obviously have every right to change it or end it at any time. When it's been published, played and reviewed somewhere else it simply becomes a lot more arguable.
But, as I said, I accept her decision because it would be silly not to accept it. I even understand it even though I always thought it was too strong a reaction to whatever it was that somebody "stole" from her without giving her due credits and in the end the whole community paid for the deeds of a few. Things like that are always arguable.
Still, as I also said plenty of times, the world can well live without Nadine's levels. That may sound rude but it's actually a fact and I'm sure she must have understood that by now.
In the end, we all make mistakes at one time or another. The ego is what drives us away from evolving. But I don't really care. Nadine's levels were great while they lasted - they were. At the point to which it all came, I don't see Nadine ever releasing FotC2 to the public because it would always be too controversial, plus the new level's reviews might be too affected by each person's views on what happened before. Of course I could be wrong.
I think these are facts as facts can be. I never met Nadine personally and I have zilch against her (in fact, I also remember she made other, different contributions to the forums even after her games were withdrawn and that's a nice thing).

Teone

Post by Teone » 07 Jan 2018 14:18

When you share something online then it's impossible to remove it definitively. It's the first web rule. Infact I played this game and all Nadine's games recently, in spite of her decision. I also found a beautiful picture of Nadine in a secret area of this game. Try to find it! :wink:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 07 Jan 2018 14:45

i couldn't recall where i read it but finally found it
but the tread are now almost 6 years old
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=193444