Castle Cain - In the Dark 2nd level

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Castle Cain - In the Dark 2nd level

Post by manarch2 » 07 Apr 2012 16:06

DJ Full's walkthough says I have to change the script to be able to play the second level, but honestly I have no idea how to even open the script.dat and of course not what to do afterwards. Can anyone help?

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Re: Castle Cain - In the Dark 2nd level

Post by Gerty » 07 Apr 2012 16:26

If you give me your email address I can send the new SCRIPT.DAT file to you so you can play the second level from the menu.
Oops, I did it again... Image

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 07 Apr 2012 16:27

Wouldn't it be better to directly include it in the download package? Nonetheless, will send you a PM.

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 07 Apr 2012 16:37

Probably but that I cannot do, that is in the boss his hands :-P
Oops, I did it again... Image

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 20 Apr 2012 23:03

@_manarch2,
You don't have to open anything. Don't "change", but "replace" right before the first level ends. You can take a default script.dat in order to make the game playable. This was a rather long time ago - my first WT if I remember correctly - so I don't remember the exact reason for the game to be unplayable if the script is not replaced. Anyway, I think I remember You will miss a grenade gun - prepare to necessity of surviving without it.

I took a look at that walkthru and it seems it's really messed up. What the hell was I thinking about while writing this?? :-o I can hardly understand myself :? so if You need any further tips (what is rather likely to happen), just write to me and I'll update what necessary.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

rtrger

Post by rtrger » 21 Apr 2012 10:38

Maybe it's better to start the whole game with the original TRLE scriptfiles, just rename the 1st level's datfile to tut1.tr4 and the 2nd to settomb.tr4. Afaik if you don't change anything in the original TRLE, the game automatically puts you to the next level coming in the script as you finished the recent one. Of course the name of the puzzle items will be Eye of Horus and stuff like that.

Although I'm not sure if this method works, fixing the script is the best way to solve this.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 21 Apr 2012 11:09

Thanks you two, unfortunately a few days too late (my review is yet out and I deleted the files already). The only thing is to fix the current download (if anyone still wants to play the level, I don't know).