Doctor Who Merchandise: http://www.tardis.tv
Howe's Who: http://www.howeswho.co.uk

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Mytly - Chosen Part 1

Post by rjb » 02 Jul 2011 20:40

:hi: Mytly.

Is it right that when you enter the room where you need to break a few vases (amongst other things) that suddenly your explosive crossbow bolts are taken away? (I cannot see this discussed anywhere earlier in this thread.) Is that so that we cannot break the vases with those and need to find other ways? (I can see that we can `aim` a normal crossbow bolt upwards to hit one in a high passage :wink:, btw, just like a shotgun sometimes.) It would be better to go to the other 2 rooms first (water, fire), then, if this is the case, and use those explosive bolts (and/or we could use them against the flying thingie when we first enter this area - I used the pistols, as I didn't want to `waste` the valuable explosive crossbow bolts). It seems we don't get them back when we exit the room, either. (Ah, is this in the readme? :blush: - didn't remember this. Ah, no, I see it isn't :sweatdrop:.)
"Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I shall give you rest."[Matt 11:28]

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 02 Jul 2011 21:58

Yes, rjb, this is indeed right (and surprisingly enough, you're the first player who seems to have noticed it - or at least the first one who has said anything about it :wink: ). The reason is that it's possible to break the vases high up on the ledge with just a shot of explosive ammo anywhere in the vicinity. So, in order not to make the puzzle super-easy, the explosive ammo gets taken away when you enter that room. However it should be returned to you when you finish the puzzle in that room. Or rather, some ammo gets returned (10 or 15 bolts - I can't remember the precise number now), since it's impossible to tell exactly how much you had when entering the room. I didn't mention it in the readme because it seemed a bit spoilery. :)

Also, don't worry about wasting ammo. There is plenty of ammo provided in the level, as long as you manage to get at least one of the heavy weapons, i.e. uzis or revolver, both of which are secrets.

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 02 Jul 2011 23:34

Ah, right :wink:. I shall go to the other two rooms first, I think, even so. :thanks: for the explanation/confirmation. Clearly I haven't progressed sufficiently to discover the ammo `return` yet. (I have 19 EX XB bolts, so I'll use up one or two more before `losing` them *.) Haven't found the revolver yet, though I have a little ammo for it. Nice challenging game, though :2thumbsup:. I like it! :jump2: (My only real negative has been that throwing the torch through the low hole a couple of times, when it can become easily stuck in the hole and thus irretrievable (as Lara cannot get into the hole to pick it up again). If one were not able to reload, one could easily lose all 3 torches that way and thus not be able to progress through the gate opening where one needs to light the wall-torches (plus the secret would be missed, of course).

(* In a similar situation in future, I wonder if you could have a sign outside the door to that room, something to the effect: "No explosives allowed in this room. You may receive them back later :wink:." Then folks would know they'd lose them - and not know before reaching that point, so not a spoiler - and a player could then choose what to do with that information. Of course, it's easy to be wise in hindsight :D.)
"Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I shall give you rest."[Matt 11:28]

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 03 Jul 2011 00:00

:thanks:

About the torch: I know there's a bit of trial and error involved in getting it out, but that's why I provided three torches - so that people can try some different method each time, with the assumption that at least one will work. :)

Very small hint about the revolver: It's in the area where you are now. Keep an eye out for it. :wink:
rjb wrote:(* In a similar situation in future, I wonder if you could have a sign outside the door to that room, something to the effect: "No explosives allowed in this room. You may receive them back later :wink:." Then folks would know they'd lose them - and not know before reaching that point, so not a spoiler - and a player could then choose what to do with that information. Of course, it's easy to be wise in hindsight :D.)
That's a good idea. :idea: But a bit late for it now, of course. :wink:

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 03 Jul 2011 00:16

Amazingly, I've just found the revolver all on my ownio :smug:. (The hardest secret to realise was that `torch-associated` one, where you had to do that low-torch toss twice * [and far enough both times]. I confess :blush: I needed the walkthrough for that one.)

* (In fact, I'd forgotten :duh: about that `lightable` inside the torch recess, and had already thrown away [as per readme instructions] the torch I'd used to light the wall-torches. That meant I had to get a second torch and toss it out and in again. So I did the whole torch-tossing 3 times altogether. (And reloading was most certainly necessary :D.)

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 03 Jul 2011 18:57

Later (next day, in fact :)): Very neat way of combining all the various bits and pieces in the `water` room, to enable the `water room moveable` to eventually exit :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:. (I especially like the final bit of subtlety where the block we've guessed is `lowerable` right from the start is lowered, to allow the exit to be so neatly performed, using the raising block elsewhere and the `push off the cliff` motif earlier - not to mention all the perilous jumps with the flame jets. Very nice combination of things, including several unexpected aspects - always a bonus - plus coming right back `in a circle` to the start with that `lowerable` block right at the end :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:. [That was one of the aspects of piega's games I always liked, the way everything `interlocked` and was connected.])

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 03 Jul 2011 19:41

:thanks:

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 17 Aug 2011 00:14

DavidJHowe wrote:Thanks so much Myrtly ... in all my years of playing TR I didn't know that sort of jump existed :D
I have now managed to get to the next tile!

Thanks also Vimmers ... I do have the walkthrough ... I was just totally stuck on how to make that jump.

Onwards and upwards :)

David
Me too - I'm going to remember that jump now !!!

- Jim

One more:
I found from the walkthru, where DJ Full says: SECRET #7 – a large medi and some more revolver bullets. Throw a jumpswitch to open the crossbow room. Get the new weapon, switch to explosive arrows and get rid of surrounding mummies. You can lure them out of the room, then run in, and they're trapped outside. However, I may have to deal with them later... :D

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 04 Apr 2019 18:20

Please get me thru this door :annoyed: I just can't do it and it looks so easy.
Nevermind I lost my save and nobody needed help with this :cry:

DoggettTV

Post by DoggettTV » 04 Apr 2019 20:27

SuzanneJack wrote:
04 Apr 2019 18:20
Please get me thru this door :annoyed: I just can't do it and it looks so easy.
Nevermind I lost my save and nobody needed help with this :cry:
I do this recently, which door are you talking about?

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 04 Apr 2019 22:40

@ Suz, the save is still in the other post you made, You still can use that.

@ Doggett
Swim back and straight, get out of the water, go straight a bit and the door is on the left. It is the one with that button behind it.
Oops, I did it again... Image

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 05 Apr 2019 20:41

Here you go, Suzanne. :)

Yikes, I can't believe I made this timed run so hard - it took me three tries to get it right. :lol:
Attachments
savegame.2
(35.8 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 05 Apr 2019 23:46

Thanks Mytly and Gerty and Doggett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 06 Apr 2019 21:27

Will someone get me thru this door please?
savegame.0
(36.02 KiB) Downloaded 16 times