builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Frozen Demigod

Post by Mytly » 19 Mar 2011 21:20

I tried copying the demigod 3 into the demigod 2 slot but it didn't work. :(

After a lot of trial and error, I have narrowed down the problem as occurring when a set of flame emitters is triggered using the 'trigger item group' flipeffect. If I trigger all but one of these flame emitters individually, the problem goes away (i.e. the demigod behaves normally). But the moment all are triggered, the problem occurs. I have tried deleting some of the emitters, but no matter what the number of them, if all are triggered, the demigod (which is in another room) freezes.
Aza wrote:I usually start hitting problems when the alloc file buffer gets above 19.5 million.

Though my latest level hit problems at 16 million so I have cut a bit of it out.

It is now only at 14.9 million and is in the final stages of beta testing 8)
What is the alloc buffer and how do I check it?

Aza

Post by Aza » 19 Mar 2011 21:35

It's in the box that pops up when you are converting the level, about three quarters of the way down :)
What a wan*er.

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Mytly » 19 Mar 2011 21:47

Ok, thanks. :)

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Mytly » 22 Mar 2011 23:22

TrueRaider wrote:You could try a different set up. Since you're using the TRNG you don't need to use to switch trigger to cause something to happen when an enemy is killed. Instead you can use a global trigger in the script which you can set up to trigger something when that specific enemy dies.
Thank you so much! I tried your suggestion, and it works perfectly. :jump:

Off-topic observation: Every time I try out one of the new features of TRNG, I am amazed at the huge amount of possibilities it opens up. Thank you for this great tool, Paolone. :) Just reading the reference section of NG Center gives me so many ideas for gameplay ... I guess I'll save them for my next level. :D

Aza

Post by Aza » 23 Mar 2011 17:48

Glad you got it sorted :angel:
What a wan*er.