Tomb Raider 9

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Tomb Raider 9

Post by Anna27 » 08 Dec 2010 16:06

Admittedly, the game will probably be until next year, but already some speculation appeared about what will be the story.
Action will take part a few years back. The ship, in which was Lara, crash on a deserted island. She will fight for survival.
I do not want to reveal too much, but I can say that probably it will be a total reboot of the series. What I think is a bad idea.

If heard already about this news, what do you think about it?

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Tomb Raider 9

Post by snork » 08 Dec 2010 16:25

I think on that cover she looks as if it were a beat'em up game, and Lara lost. :-o

"Drastic Measures" sounds fine to me, though. :D
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 08 Dec 2010 16:56

Jeeeeeesus Christ! I believe growingly that the Americans should stick to music (not the newer one, which is just as industrial) and some of their movies. They also have an awesome territory and great cuisine (believe it or not). Now, I know Lara is totally dead as in the dead that appear in Bones. I'm so glad we have the LE scene!
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 08 Dec 2010 17:09

Jorge22 wrote:I'm so glad we have the LE scene!
Me too :). For me TR was gone, when Core was gone... New TR by Crystals Dynamics are like plastic (TRL, TRA, TRU) and this new idea "young Lara, survival horror, etc." is even not TR but Silent Hill or something, not my image of TR, really. But I don't care now, we have customs, and nobody can take them from us ;). She looks awful btw on this renders :-P

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 08 Dec 2010 17:22

Sylwia wrote:New TR by Crystal Dynamics are like plastic (TRL, TRA, TRU)...
Very apt description! :2thumbsup:
"He enables me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul ..."[Ps 23:2-3]

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 08 Dec 2010 17:27

Sylwia wrote:
Jorge22 wrote:I'm so glad we have the LE scene!
Me too :). For me TR was gone, when Core was gone... New TR by Crystals Dynamics are like plastic (TRL, TRA, TRU) and this new idea "young Lara, survival horror, etc." is even not TR but Silent Hill or something, not my image of TR, really. But I don't care now, we have customs, and nobody can take them from us ;).
I agree wholeheartedly. Well, I sort of like TRL and TRA, but I found TRU to be boring, and the new game sounds nothing like Tomb Raider at all. :(

I'm so glad there is an endless supply of custom levels to fill my need for TR. :D

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 08 Dec 2010 17:49

Well, TRL was fun, easy, short and plastic but fun, TRA is the best part considering gameplay and atmosphere, but TRU was just boring and annoying. Million "secrets", crazy camera and controls, poor story, and last levels were just awful... Huge massacre with hummer and immortals enemies... Just, no :duh:

Now we have served some scary story and totally new Lara and biography. Besides "Tomb Raider" in title this is another game. If it will be very scary I'll not play it, because I hate those things (I also don't play in scary customs, just not my world), and it will be first "classic" TR which I will not play. Pity, but it's not my fault, I'm not change, game is. Survival horror is not the same type as action-adventure game. If CD doesn't care about old fans, I don't care about new TR.

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 08 Dec 2010 18:25

Ah :think:, someone else who doesn't like `scary` games. I don't like games that are `dark` in tone, either.
(And those that are physically dark :glasses2:, as well, I'm not keen on.)
"He enables me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul ..."[Ps 23:2-3]

Soul
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Soul » 08 Dec 2010 22:00

For me the reboot is the best that could happen to Lara after the rather disappointing trilogy by Crystal. :2thumbsup:

justin

Post by justin » 09 Dec 2010 15:59

omg, another reboot of the series? Sure makes TR look unfocused and struggling. I Enjoyed TRU, I especially enjoyed the millions of secrets. Oh well
Dark Skies loom...

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 10 Dec 2010 16:04

I'm still struggling with Jorge's shock over our cuisine.......sorry off-topic. :roll:
Of doggie candle fame!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 10 Dec 2010 16:26

Lol! But that was an awesome shock! Now really, people tend to think of the US as a place where there's only basically fast food, street sold hot dogs, apple pie, cheese cake, turkey on Thanksgiving and whatnot. That's a totally misguided vision since the US is one of the places where I found the food to be better and of better quality. Plus, it's totally varied, perhaps because of all the migrants that went there and brought their cultures along with them. I suppose that not only anti-american tendencies in papers and magazines throughout the world (and in the internet) but many American serials and movies are to blame for that fake idea of one of the grandest cuisines in the world (not that I know the whole world, mind you).

As for what the US does to videogames... hmm... :roll:
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

justin

Post by justin » 13 Dec 2010 13:00

As bad as we are at Video games, I enjoy a lot of Ubisoft games (i'm pretty sure they are mostly American)
Dark Skies loom...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 13 Dec 2010 13:27

rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Dec 2010 14:05

justin wrote:As bad as we are at Video games, I enjoy a lot of Ubisoft games (i'm pretty sure they are mostly American)
:D Don't feel bad about it. I don't like most videogames, anyway. And I was just thinking of a few videogames I actually enjoyed: Tomb Raider (British, well, it was anyway), Omikron (French), Max Payne (Finnish) - and I've seen what they (not the Finnish) are going to do with it :-o , Mafia (Czech Republic or something), Alice (well, maybe that one was American, I'll give you that), Broken Sword (British)... I just dislike how people want to turn videogames into things like Fox's serials or something. And I do enjoy several Fox's serials (Bones, House, the Simpsons, of course, Catch me if you can, etc.) and at the same time I dislike series like Lost and that kind of thing. You see... Anyhow, I think it's a bad idea to try and turn videogames into half made serials, especially the kind I dislike. Just an opinion, nothing against the US per se, let that be perfectly clear.