poisonous scorpions

builders help builders

Moderator: eTux

tomb gamer

poisonous scorpions

Post by tomb gamer » 05 Sep 2006 03:46

I made an object in the small scorpion slot and i want it to be piosonous so how do I make it piosonous

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 05 Sep 2006 06:55

You need to make sure the part of it which should poison Lara, is the same mesh number as the scorpions sting.

Then you need to have it's attack/ posioning animation set to state I.D. 6. :)
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 05 Sep 2006 14:07

thanks.

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 05 Sep 2006 16:03

My object is a snake like from tomb raider 3 and it works fine it does damage to lara but when i make the state id 6 the snake does no damage. Am i missing something here.

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 05 Sep 2006 18:44

Sorry mate my mistake :( the state ID is 4 when the scorpion uses it's pincers & 5 when it stings. :)
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 05 Sep 2006 19:01

that is quite alright but it just does not want to poison lara.

Skateboardkid

Post by Skateboardkid » 07 Sep 2006 22:58

Make sure its the right state ID for poisoning..You might be using simple attack ID for pincers maybe. Make sure the hurting mesh is something that can touch Lara.
If you are sure about these things and it still dont poison Lara there is one more evil trick!
If you split the attack animation into 2-3 or even 4 parts and then by using next frame/next animation commands you can cause the baddie to TOGGLE between the standing state ID and attack state ID multiple times during attack!(Note that for some strange reason some baddies just wont hurt Lara unless they are first in one state ID(like standing)and then TOGGLE to the attack ID).
I have made a baddie that almost kill Lara in one attack by using this toggle method..

EDIT>>>If toggle from standing ID dont work..Try toggle from walking or better yet..Find out what state ID the original slot toggles from and use that..I know it will work then..

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 09 Sep 2006 00:41

The hurting or stinging mesh is in the snakes neck and I am pretty shore that the neck does not hit lara. So now what do i do? And how do you this?
If you split the attack animation into 2-3 or even 4 parts and then by using next frame/next animation commands you can cause the baddie to TOGGLE between the standing state ID and attack state ID multiple times during attack!

Skateboardkid

Post by Skateboardkid » 10 Sep 2006 07:22

OK...Forget about the splitting the animation part right now..I worked on it today and found out that the scorp dont poison lara. I think thats supposed to be a well known bug or something..Later I will have an example wad to show what I mean with the splitting thing..Its hard to explain..

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 10 Sep 2006 16:34

OK I can wait. :2thumbsup:

Skateboardkid

Post by Skateboardkid » 10 Sep 2006 20:44

OK..First I need to put the question out.
Does anyone know if the small scorpion can poison Lara in the trle version?? Or anything that can poison Lara????

Next..If the snake is hurting Lara from the neck mesh but Lara must pretty much jump on the snake to cause it to hurt Lara then the way to fix that is to either edit the animations so the snakes attack pose is configured so that the neck mesh touches Lara during attack.
Or you can add a little speed value to the attack animation so the snake
will move toward Lara a little during attack..It looks a little goofy but not as bad as a non hurting snake...

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 10 Sep 2006 21:21

The big scorpion poisons Lara, but that's a very special enemy. And darts poison Lara, but only for mere miliseconds - very stupid and annoying :(

Maybe it is posssible to call the poisoned-state by Flipeffecteditor, I don't know.
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

Magnus
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Magnus » 10 Sep 2006 21:37

I'm fairly sure some small scorpions can poison Lara, but it might just be the black ones. Image

Pyuaumch

Post by Pyuaumch » 11 Sep 2006 20:46

@snork: About darts. By tradition, Our Dearest Core Design Programmers made another lame mistake with it. TR4 engine contains two different poisoned factor values - first is calculated from the second every frame, and if second is zeroed, first is zeroed too. By default, poisoned darts modifies first value, so that's the reason why poisoned state resets almost momentarily. Darts can be fixed by modifying only one byte in exe file.

To fix it, you can download updated patch set module. There you can either remove poisoned attack from darts completely, or force darts to be REALLY poisoned, like in TR3 ;) .

tomb gamer

Post by tomb gamer » 13 Sep 2006 01:04

I have all the time in the world to figure out this poisonous scorpion thing cause of homework from High school and Football. So it is going to take me a while to finish my levels. :)