a somewhat dumb question from someone who understands nothing of technology...

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

Luisa

a somewhat dumb question from someone who understands nothing of technology...

Post by Luisa » 05 Jun 2020 23:43

is it possible to play TR custom levels on a tv with any method other than plugging my laptop on the tv with an hdmi cable? even with my controller it can be really bothersome to play on a chair in front of the computer all the time, sometimes I just want to lay on the couch and play on the big screen like I'd do with a console, does anybody know how to manage that?

Nomad

Re: a somewhat dumb question from someone who understands nothing of technology...

Post by Nomad » 07 Jun 2020 02:56

If your tv has the required technology there are some ways to connect laptop to tv wirelessly, but I have never tried it so I have no idea how to do it or if it is suitable for gaming because of possible lags. There is one example in this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKPYuaDq6FE

Luisa

Re: a somewhat dumb question from someone who understands nothing of technology...

Post by Luisa » 07 Jun 2020 19:41

Nomad wrote:
07 Jun 2020 02:56
If your tv has the required technology there are some ways to connect laptop to tv wirelessly, but I have never tried it so I have no idea how to do it or if it is suitable for gaming because of possible lags. There is one example in this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKPYuaDq6FE
I have tried but it there was a significant delay lag. I'm looking for some solution that does not involve connecting a traditional computer to a tv in any way, if it exists at all.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 07 Jun 2020 20:49

since there to my knowledge
don't exist tv's with windows os
your best choice would be either a
Raspberry Pi with installed windows
or
a intel nuc
both are very small and can be hide away behind or under tv
Raspberry Pi are very cheap
intel more expensive