The Russian Base - CAC2019 - dinne - Can't load plugins

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

Raq

The Russian Base - CAC2019 - dinne - Can't load plugins

Post by Raq » 02 Mar 2020 23:13

Hello everyone, I'm having a very weird problem with running dinne's level, The Russian Base. I played the level shortly after it was released, but now I wanted to play it again to give a proper review to the level. The problem is that the level won't run at all! I already tried a lot of things like restarting my laptop, disabling Windows Defender, updating Windows, restarting my laptop again etc...I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

These are the two errors that appear when trying to run the level:

TombTitan

Re: The Russian Base - CAC2019 - dinne - Can't load plugins

Post by TombTitan » 03 Mar 2020 20:12

It sounds like you have a problem loading Visual C plugins. Currently, Windows 10 comes with Visual C redistributable 2017. If you are playing the original release of Russian Base from 2019, then you should have no problems, and I have no idea how to help.

However, if you are playing the new updated Jan. 28 version of Russian Base then Dinne may have recompiled the plugins with the current version of Visual Studio that requires the 2019 Visual C redistributable. I suggest you obtain from Microsoft the 2017-2019 redistributable packages (x86, x64 -- combined years packages) and install both into Windows 10. I did that weeks ago. But I do not have the Jan. 28 update of Russian Base, so I cannot test running it.

Good luck.

EDIT: I have since downloaded the updated version, and it plays fine on my Windows 10 computer with the 2019 Visual C redistributable.

Raq

Post by Raq » 03 Mar 2020 21:44

TombTitan wrote:
03 Mar 2020 20:12
It sounds like you have a problem loading Visual C plugins. Currently, Windows 10 comes with Visual C redistributable 2017. If you are playing the original release of Russian Base from 2019, then you should have no problems, and I have no idea how to help.

However, if you are playing the new updated Jan. 28 version of Russian Base then Dinne may have recompiled the plugins with the current version of Visual Studio that requires the 2019 Visual C redistributable. I suggest you obtain from Microsoft the 2017-2019 redistributable packages (x86, x64 -- combined years packages) and install both into Windows 10. I did that weeks ago. But I do not have the Jan. 28 update of Russian Base, so I cannot test running it.

Good luck.

EDIT: I have since downloaded the updated version, and it plays fine on my Windows 10 computer with the 2019 Visual C redistributable.
Thank you for these solutions, TombTitan. The version I am playing is the updated one (also because the old one is not downloadable anymore if I'm not mistaken?).

Downloading the Microsoft 2017-2019 Redistributable packages didn't solve anything. But I installed other packages and the one that solved my problem was the 2010 x86 package. In case someone has my same problem, you can download this package here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=5555

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 03 Mar 2020 23:26

Raq, I'm glad you have it working now.

Your comments about the redistributables are interesting because I also have the 2010 redistributable on my new Win10 computer (and I also have the 2005 version too from another game I put on last week). I also have the 2010 redistributable on my Win7 computer where I played the November release of Russian Base, and that 2010 version was installed in 2015 on my Win7 computer (that computer came with the 2008 redistributable). I guess most people have not had problems because they too have the old 2010 (or compatible) version.

EDIT: The 2010 redistributable was installed with the Visual Studio runtime for Microsoft Office 2010 tools. Thus, if anyone had the updates or add-ons for Microsoft Office 2010 they should have the 2010 redistributable, but it is not part of Office 365.

Raq

Post by Raq » 04 Mar 2020 08:21

TombTitan wrote:
03 Mar 2020 23:26
Raq, I'm glad you have it working now.

Your comments about the redistributables are interesting because I also have the 2010 redistributable on my new Win10 computer (and I also have the 2005 version too from another game I put on last week). I also have the 2010 redistributable on my Win7 computer where I played the November release of Russian Base, and that 2010 version was installed in 2015 on my Win7 computer (that computer came with the 2008 redistributable). I guess most people have not had problems because they too have the old 2010 (or compatible) version.

EDIT: The 2010 redistributable was installed with the Visual Studio runtime for Microsoft Office 2010 tools. Thus, if anyone had the updates or add-ons for Microsoft Office 2010 they should have the 2010 redistributable, but it is not part of Office 365.
Yeah well, that's because my laptop is veeeeery weird :lol: I can't pass one day without having problems with it.

This problem was probably related to the fact that I did a clean Windows 10 installation a few weeks ago because my laptop was starting to slow down a bit. So, doing this, all the packages were uninstalled and just a few of them were installed.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 17 Mar 2020 09:01

Off topic...
Well if your PC slows down, that's probably because of Microsoft updates to force you to an even slower W10, it comes with a load of apps for mobile devices which all start up on your PC too apparently
Never had a slower PC than my latest new purchase with W10 installed. The whole day all kinds of warning sounds when it is asleep. So I have to turn the sound down too. I don't want cloud and other kinds of stuff that open when I start it up. Let me decide what I want to run, like I always did.
Latest Windows version I liked was the W 7....
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 18 Mar 2020 18:26

I can't remember how exactly but I do remember that you can easily choose which programs you don't want to open when you start the PC on Win10.

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 18 Mar 2020 19:15

Jorge22 wrote:
18 Mar 2020 18:26
I can't remember how exactly but I do remember that you can easily choose which programs you don't want to open when you start the PC on Win10.
I know at least some of those can be managed under the task manager (ctrl + shift + etc), under the Startup tab. There you are able to see the programs that can start automatically and enable or disable them.