Unable to install new Windows 1903 update

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Unable to install new Windows 1903 update

Post by Jorge22 » 07 Jun 2019 18:10

As the title says. I've tried several times, searched for solutions on the net (not that I tried every one of them, but I even tried disconnecting all protection while downloading and installing the upgrade - and others) but I always end up getting error 0x80070005.

I understand it's a very general error, but would anyone have the most effective solution for this kind of thing Microsoft tends to do?

My PC's HP Pavilion (and they say it's been tested for the upgrade and all that) but I don't think the brand would be the issue in this case...

Thanks.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Unable to install new Windows 1903 update

Post by vimmers » 07 Jun 2019 19:45

i think your best solution are upgrade from bios
through a usb stick
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-crea ... fi-support

i myself used the rufus solution

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 12 Jun 2019 08:33

Jorge22 wrote:
07 Jun 2019 18:10
As the title says. I've tried several times, searched for solutions on the net (not that I tried every one of them, but I even tried disconnecting all protection while downloading and installing the upgrade - and others) but I always end up getting error 0x80070005.

I understand it's a very general error, but would anyone have the most effective solution for this kind of thing Microsoft tends to do?

My PC's HP Pavilion (and they say it's been tested for the upgrade and all that) but I don't think the brand would be the issue in this case...

Thanks.
bump
how does it goes with this

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 12 Jun 2019 09:39

Hi and thanks for asking.

I actually recently updated the bios. Like a month ago or so, maybe. You know, HP computers have that assistant thing and it once indicated I should update it - and so I did. I guess it must be updated.

I've been offered several solutions (all different) and it's a question of trying. Right now I've got work up to the top of my head (I don't know if that phrase exists, I just made it up), so I'll try again as soon as I have more free time. It's not to say the only thing I do on the PC is work but the update takes more time and attention.

It seems the same thing has been happening to a few others though...

The error code means something like 'access denied' but that's all. We'll see...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 12 Jun 2019 16:46

error code i also had when i tried to update the the windows while you are
online and in windows
that's why i used rufus to install a clean win10
from a usb stick
just follow 1 of the guides

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Jun 2019 11:09

Ok. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Meanwhile, during this time in which I've been busy doing other stuff, taking this into account (just an example, there are more sites/pages about it) https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05/22/all-e ... 19-update/, I think maybe I'll just wait until Microsoft comes up with solid fixes - great thing I'm not in a hurry.

I think they'll be arriving soon, anyway, and it was a good thing this time Microsoft decided one could decide when - and if - to install it.