Problem with Rufierto's Return... - Dutchys Rescue

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

Phil
Mod
Mod

Re: Problem with Rufierto's Return... - Dutchys Rescue

Post by Phil » 31 Aug 2018 19:23

For the record, Oasis of the Primordials has exhibited the same symptoms as did Dutchy's Rescue, requiring the same elaborate fix for me to be able to play it.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 31 Aug 2018 20:58

It's not at all like I spend my time playing TR but so far, after having finally spoken with Avast, I didn't get any more issues (except for things that have no connections whatsoever with the AV program, like the odd freeze or the screen going black occasionally when I try to start, that kind of annoyance).

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 03 Oct 2018 05:38

Phil wrote:
31 Aug 2018 19:23
For the record, Oasis of the Primordials has exhibited the same symptoms as did Dutchy's Rescue, requiring the same elaborate fix for me to be able to play it.
Yes, I think that it was at this game, Oasis of the Primordials, that I found the same problem, but with a difference: I couldn't download the game, so I deactivated AVG in order to do it... and the download was blocked by Google Chrome, the navigator I was using. The thing gets stranger and stranger, for this has nothing to do with antivirus, isn't it?
By the way, Phil, in the end I gave up Dutchy's Rescue. These fixes are too much for me... more the pity.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 03 Oct 2018 13:09

Dutchy's Rescue was the first release to exhibit this problem for me, but now it's happening almost routinely. AVG has balked at all of the ORC levels I've tried to download from trle.net at home. I'm even having similar problems with the more sophisticated antivirus software we use at the office. For some reason, when I download from the Hungarian site I don't get these violent reactions. I have no idea why there should be a difference between the two sites, as we're downloading the same files. Aren't we?