Why download this way work?

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

scottchu

Why download this way work?

Post by scottchu » 03 Feb 2018 15:39

Last time I asked a question that my downloading game level from trle.net always stuck at 20% but it has no good solution. Today, I find a very bizarre way to resolve this problem:

1. Open NetTransport, paste the download link of game level. It will connect ok but have very few progress.
2. Do normal down in browser.
3. The download progress in browser will then "get-across" 20% boundary.

If I just do step 2 without step 1, the download will firstly go with good bandwidth (say 500) and when it reaches 20%, the speed will fastly down to 126 and stop forever.

Can anybody see the possible reason why?

note: My personal guess is the site that trle.net is hosting might have done something to low-bandwidth connection (My bandwidth is 5MBbps ADSL)
I may get older, but my heart for Lara is always young!
msn: scottchu_tw@hotmail.com
yahoo: scottchu.tw
email: scottchu.tw@gmail.com

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Why download this way work?

Post by Jorge22 » 03 Feb 2018 20:19

I'm still on ADSL myself with Vodafone, which is a backwards step since I moved in August 2016 because I previously had fiber. Waiting for fiber though, even though it's been taking ages and it seems like someone is making some kind of mess out of what should be a simple enough thing.
But what I actually mean is, no, I really don't think that has anything to do with ADSL.
Now, you live in Taiwan, not Hong Kong or mainland China - if you did my guess would be that maybe China wasn't sure if it had issues with trle or not. But... living in Taiwan, I honestly don't know. Only that ADSL isn't your problem.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Why download this way work?

Post by SuzanneJack » 05 Feb 2018 22:17

I do have the same problem. It took 6 hours to download the training DNF and all downloads are very slow at my end. So it's not just you Scottchu. I just bought a new HP Envey tower, but haven't hooked it up yet. I have to use my phone on top of the tower to get internet, but lap and phones have 5 bars