Ngle installer with Virus inside?

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

The Raven

Ngle installer with Virus inside?

Post by The Raven » 18 Jan 2018 20:36

Hello guys
I decided to install the NGLE on my laptop- I installed the original trle, then I downloaded the NGLE file from this website
http://www.webalice.it/paolone2011/ng.htm
Which I suppose should be safe. Before running the .exe file I checked it with the Antivirus (Avira), and Avira reported the following menace : TR/VBCrypt.mponc.
I know that some a/v detect as a menace the TR patched in custom levels (avira is one) but inside the NGLE installer? It's new... So, before taking any risk in installing some Troyan (I don't want horses in my computer!) I ask you: someone had the same issue? Is it normal, or... not?
Thank you in advance guys
It's good to be back on TRLE.net
Remind yourself that overconfindence is a slow and insidious killer
Tomb Raider: Amulet Of Nefertiti
Level 1:45% completed
Level 2:0% completed
Level 3:0% completed
I will finish this, one day :D

dinne

Re: Ngle installer with Virus inside?

Post by dinne » 20 Jan 2018 20:20

It's normal, I had the same problem with Avast when I've installed NGLE!
Add it as exception. It will give problems also for NG_Center if you use it, sure. You've to add the entire folder to exceptions. :) Go in the quarantine of Avira and restore the files...

The Raven

Re: Ngle installer with Virus inside?

Post by The Raven » 24 Jan 2018 10:33

Thank you dinne!
I'll try to Install NGLE... but somehow installation failed yesterday... I don't know what happened... but I'll figure it out.

EDIT:after repeating the process unistalling everything I have a better idea of what happened: I installed VB Runtime 5 and 6, I run the MK4 installer, and when i run the NG_ center installer just right at the end of the installation it said it couldn't find the NGLE in the directory (not surprisingly) and the installation failed. The thing is that when I run the setup for NGLE it says, right before the beginning, that it cannot open a file called STUNS.exe, it asks me to browse my pc, and since I cannot find such file, the installation does not start!
What a marvellous mess...
Remind yourself that overconfindence is a slow and insidious killer
Tomb Raider: Amulet Of Nefertiti
Level 1:45% completed
Level 2:0% completed
Level 3:0% completed
I will finish this, one day :D