Customs on laptop GPU

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

Polo_Gard

Customs on laptop GPU

Post by Polo_Gard » 09 May 2017 17:11

Hello everyone, it's been a while.

I was looking but I couldn't find any solution to my problem, so I decided to post a new topic.
The problem is that all custom levels are running on Intel GPU, despite my settings in NVIDIA Control Panel, all executables are set to run from Geforce, but the tomb4.exe -setup still shows only Intel's card and the game's fps are really low. Add some heavy-loaded rooms with dozens of objects and it's barely playable.
Right click -> Run with graphics processor -> nvidia (default), still nothing. GPU gets no load. I'm sure somebody had to deal with a similar problem before, but I can't come up with anything else right now and this nuisance's grinding my gears.

The GPU in the subject matter is gtx860m.

Thanks for any help.

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Customs on laptop GPU

Post by Matie » 09 May 2017 17:34

I have the exact same problem, my card is also GTX 860M. If I force tomb4.exe to run with the NVidia card, the game just crashes and it's not selectable in the setup either. :? It works perfectly on my friend's computer, though he only has a single NVidia card and no Intel GPU, so the game runs on that card by default, and everything, even ShadowPlay works fine.

Maybe tomb4 can't handle switchable graphics? (I couldn't find the option to set it to "fixed", so I don't know if that works.) I can only repeat what Polo_Gard has said, I'd be happy for any help provided.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 09 May 2017 19:04

not sure but maybe you guys shall in in bios
maybe there are some settings to turn of the intel graphic
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Polo_Gard

Post by Polo_Gard » 09 May 2017 19:17

My bios isn't white-listed (courtesy of lenovo :| ) and so my bios options are rather limited (you can either choose switchable or intel only). I'm trying to find some way to force the application to be run with nv, but no luck so far.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 10 May 2017 08:10

maybe you guys are better served by your laptop provider
like polo-gards lenovo https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/English-Co ... mmunity-EN

dunno about maties laptop
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum