Search for the Sun Seraph dims out

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

Exmoviddude

Search for the Sun Seraph dims out

Post by Exmoviddude » 29 Apr 2017 05:14

I have fought my way almost to the end of the game but I can not overcome this problem. In a dim scene eventually it dims to black (I run out of flares.) If I put Lara in a bright area, it dims to black if she then enters a dimly lit area. Throughout the game I have to engage the Task Master to keep the picture viewable. Now Lara is in an area overlooking a camping area where she must execute a back flip-jump to an edge, but in the dark this eludes me. I have three PC's that all do the same thing. Watching the You Tube video, it too is dark. I will have to abandon the game or see if I can obtain a savegame. Has anyone else encountered tis problem?

mugs
Admin
Admin

Re: Search for the Sun Seraph dims out

Post by mugs » 29 Apr 2017 23:25

hi! I have a savegame for you if you still need it. I also noticed that I downloaded this game twice so I am thinking that a revised game was submitted and maybe you are trying to play the flawed edition. At any rate, I had no trouble finishing the game. I am uncertain where you really are so will need a bit more details - had you used the raft, had you shot a Yeti?
Of doggie candle fame!

Exmoviddude

Post by Exmoviddude » 01 May 2017 20:47

Hi Mugs--Good to hear from you again. You are officially now "my friend" as you always were anyway. I have the save game on my clipboard where I am in the dark but I no longer see a way to post it? No more attachments? Well this is right after the raft ride where Lara exits the raft, goes up a bunch of stairs, shoots two cats, makes her way through the cave to where she can overlook the campground below. She must face the wall at the right of the cave just past the opening where she must backflip, jump off the ledge behind her grab a ledge in front of her and pull up (Pretty difficult in the dark) :-o

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 01 May 2017 22:09

you can't post savegames here. go to the Stuck Forum and see that I have opened the thread for Search for the Seraph. You should be able to post your savegame here. I will then see if I can get it working properly for you or I'll post one of mine when I see exactly where you are.
edit: went ahead and posted my savegame - only problem will be your inventory and secrets - you may want to go ahead and let me look at yours to see if we can fix it.
Of doggie candle fame!

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 02 May 2017 17:45

She must face the wall at the right of the cave just past the opening where she must backflip, jump off the ledge behind her grab a ledge in front of her and pull up (Pretty difficult in the dark)
In the savegame posted by mugs (up on a ledge overlooking the campsite), no operation like the one you describe is required or indeed possible (having played the level only recently, I didn't remember any particularly tricky jumping sequence anyway); instead, what you're supposed to do here is backflip onto the block in the corner in Lara's back and simply grab the monkeyswing to traverse over to the next ledge. Am I missing something here?

Exmoviddude

Post by Exmoviddude » 02 May 2017 17:59

Mulf--It is still difficult in pitch black!

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 02 May 2017 18:02

Alright, I'll go ahead and and load up that savegame then (post-monkeyswing). That's some weird problem you're having there, my condolences! :?

Exmoviddude

Post by Exmoviddude » 03 May 2017 03:10

Many thanks to you all who helped. The save game past where I was stuck got me on my way although I was still in the dark until the part where the statues came to life. At least I could see them for a good fight. :thanks:

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 03 May 2017 04:14

glad you were able to get through it!
Of doggie candle fame!