More Windows 10 problems

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

Alfonzo

More Windows 10 problems

Post by Alfonzo » 22 Oct 2016 22:50

Hello everyone

I am posting this in hope that either..
1) I can find a solution to a very annoying problem playing Tomb Raider levels in Windows 10 OR
2) Warn people that playing Tomb Raider levels in Windows 10 is not a very good idea.

Lately, I can not seem to get these older TR levels to work. This time around, I am getting an error message that says
"Windows can not access the specific device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item" when I try to play by double-clicking the Tomb4.exe file in the root directory.

I can't figure out if this a problem with Windows, my antivirus program or a simple compatibility issue.

If you have some thoughts or even a possible solution to this problem, I would like to hear what you have to say.

Thank you. Alfonzo

JesseG

Re: More Windows 10 problems

Post by JesseG » 22 Oct 2016 23:43

I don't have Windows 10 so I'm not of much help, but have you tried right-clicking the .exe and using "Run as administrator"? That's usually one of my first troubleshooting steps when a certain program doesn't seem to run correctly. You could also check the root folder's properties and make sure "read only" is not checked.

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: More Windows 10 problems

Post by bene » 23 Oct 2016 16:14

I've had the same problem with only some levels.
For me it's been windows 10 deleting the exe because it perceives a virus.
Try turning off windows defender BEFORE you download the game.
It turns on by itself (probably 24 hrs.) so when you go back to the game remember to turn it off again.