How to play TRLE games with a controller?

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

Chase Carver

How to play TRLE games with a controller?

Post by Chase Carver » 29 Feb 2016 21:36

Hi guys,

Recently I played "The Ring" with my PS3 controller and helpful by a programm, but...when I try to play any other TRLE game Lara starts running or similar..using the same programm!!!

Has someone try to play with controller? It worked?

Cheers :)
There are no dead languages, only sleepy minds

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: How to play TRLE games with a controller?

Post by vimmers » 01 Mar 2016 18:36

first of all tomb raider on a pc aren't meant to be played whit a controller
but a keyboard
second your program have messed up everything
unienstall it
then
write regedit
find all there are named core design and delete it
i say this cos u don't say what os u are in

and buy the way ( and i am not sure )
i think u can hit p=options and change things in there
dunno about a controller
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 02 Mar 2016 09:43

Tomb Raider was developed to all kinds of platforms at the samt time and not exclusive to PC. And even on PC you had an option to map windows controllers etc. So it was "meant" to be played with the controller you prefer, not keyboard only :)

But of course most of the pc players will stick with keyboard and most of the console players (Like myself) will stick with a pad. But that doesn't mean it is the "correct" way of doing it :)

Regarding the controller issue here, I need more info. I use a ps2 controller myself with a usb converter etc. A ps3 controller should work to from what I have heard but never tried it myself. It is probably a driver issue.
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Chase Carver

Post by Chase Carver » 02 Mar 2016 15:48

QRS wrote:Tomb Raider was developed to all kinds of platforms at the samt time and not exclusive to PC.
Exactly. In addition, if you search the level in the data base, "The Ring" was built with the TR4 engine and the TR4 games have an option in the configuration menu to change between "keyboard" and "joystick" options.

More info:

I have Windows 7 -64 bits- as OS and I use the PS3 controller to play.

I don't think the problem is a driver issue, because when I connected the controller the first time, Windows installed the driver automatically.

Moreover I should say (I don't know if this could be helpful or not) that I have used two differents programs and both of them make the same error:

I can't push two buttons at the same time (for example, if you are climbed and you want to jump) or at 10 minutes or similar Lara starts to walk by herself... O.O!
There are no dead languages, only sleepy minds

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 02 Mar 2016 18:41

Why use "programs"? I just install the drivers for my ps2 pad (Windows do it by itself) and then map the controlls in the game once. No need for anything else here.

From what I have heard it works the same with ps3 controllers. You don't need tools like xmapper etc. If that is the the type of programs you mean?
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Tolle87

Post by Tolle87 » 30 Apr 2016 15:20

You have to install MotioninJoy (or DS3 tool).With that, you can use PS3 controller to play any tr game, including customs :)
Hallowed Be Thy Game

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 31 May 2016 21:16

Tolle87 wrote:You have to install MotioninJoy (or DS3 tool).With that, you can use PS3 controller to play any tr game, including customs :)
You could use Joytokey to map the buttons correctly

http://joytokey.net/en/download
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 15 Jun 2016 11:02

I play with a PS2 controller connected via USB just like QRS and have no problems playing the custom levels, but I have run into that very same problem (no pun intended) when I tried to play TR Chronicles on PC. Would be very interested to know what causes this.