Crash Issues - BTB 2010 LEACE THE GONDOLAS IN VENICE

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Crash Issues - BTB 2010 LEACE THE GONDOLAS IN VENICE

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 14 Feb 2016 15:41

I've had crash issues in BTB 2010 Leave gondolas in Venice (By draken) I've checked the forums and the BTB page and I haven't found anything. I have tried downloading it from the Main BTB site and TRLE.net both times it crashes in the same place.

This happens after I exit the water with there are ledges that contain enemies and Traps to a mask. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life.", '

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Crash Issues - BTB 2010 LEACE THE GONDOLAS IN VENICE

Post by Ryan » 14 Feb 2016 22:37

Replace the title.TR4 file in the data folder of the download with the title.TR4 file that comes with the level editor. :)

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 15 Feb 2016 00:02

You cannot just switch executables like this. 2010 package has been affected by TREP and some things might not work at all if you use the default exe, which has many limits lower than set for that competition, and therefore it might be unable to hold Drakan's project at all. Of course you can try to repatch the executable with TREP on your own, with remap scene memory enabled, file size extended and different object limits increased (all of these accessible from main window of TREP), but I would recommend you to switch back to the exe provided in the package as soon as you get out of the fatal zone.

And sometimes such crashes happen if Lara is looking in certain direction. So it also might help if you exit that water in a different place, lure enemies out, kill them one by one, and save in the moment when they're dead so the game uses less memory. Then you might be able to continue without any replacement.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 15 Feb 2016 02:54

Other BtB2010 levels may also be affected, like the Power of the Dragon and Cannaregio so you can follow DJ's advice for them too.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Feb 2016 07:48

DJ Full wrote:You cannot just switch executables like this.
ryan said the tr4.title not the tr4.exe
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 15 Feb 2016 08:05

I must be going completely blind then.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 15 Feb 2016 13:38

Ryan wrote:Replace the title.TR4 file in the data folder of the download with the title.TR4 file that comes with the level editor. :)
Ive tried this already and it doesn't work
Ryan wrote:Replace the title.TR4 file in the data folder of the download with the title.TR4 file that comes with the level editor. :)
Power of the Dragon By Matie worked fine when I installed it off the BTB site.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life.", '