Is there a way to make dark levels brighter?

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

Phrea

Is there a way to make dark levels brighter?

Post by Phrea » 21 Aug 2015 18:15

Hello !

My eyesight is quite poor at dark low contrast levels, is there a way to set them higher/brighter? Lots of great levels [I'd say actually most :cry: ] are rather too dark for me, and I'd love to still be able to play them !
I have an older LCD monitor, and the onscreen menu is shot, not that that really matters, the brightness is already set up quite high.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This is my first post, have been reading the forums and playing the games here for a long time now, and I thought I'd finally join ! :2thumbsup:

mugs
Admin
Admin

Re: Is there a way to make dark levels brighter?

Post by mugs » 21 Aug 2015 19:03

welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will receive some sound advice on this matter, but I wanted to mention something that has made a difference for me in my advancing age. Have you noticed that your monitor brightness changes as you move from your sitting position to standing and looking down on the monitor - the picture brightens. My suggestion is to raise your chair to a position where you are higher and can take advantage of the brightness change.
Of doggie candle fame!

sprysiazni

Post by sprysiazni » 22 Aug 2015 15:14

I have used this small app for years on dark levels(or anything else too bright or dark),best app i ever found.can also use keyboard keys to program diff brightness during game play. i use only the gamma slider.,on laptops i also use the contrast slider to increase the soft contrast to sharpen the image. small size105 kb.

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/G299DUI7/file.html
Scotty beam me up

Phrea

Post by Phrea » 22 Aug 2015 19:24

sprysiazni wrote:I have used this small app for years on dark levels(or anything else too bright or dark),best app i ever found.can also use keyboard keys to program diff brightness during game play. i use only the gamma slider.,on laptops i also use the contrast slider to increase the soft contrast to sharpen the image. small size105 kb.
That helped a lot, thanks !

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 23 Aug 2015 08:12

mugs wrote:welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will receive some sound advice on this matter, but I wanted to mention something that has made a difference for me in my advancing age. Have you noticed that your monitor brightness changes as you move from your sitting position to standing and looking down on the monitor - the picture brightens. My suggestion is to raise your chair to a position where you are higher and can take advantage of the brightness change.
I wonder this only happens with TN-panels ? You could just as well change the monitor's position, leaning it a bit more towards you.

I constantly have to adjust this on the notebook : as soon as I lean back a bit more - watching TV or a film on it, or when playing levels - this puts me in the higher contrast/ less brightness position, so adjusting the screen's angle is due.
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!