[TRLE] Room Editor Screen Resolution Issue?

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

tombraiderfreak

[TRLE] Room Editor Screen Resolution Issue?

Post by tombraiderfreak » 15 Jun 2015 16:45

So, I've been trying to get back into the Level Editor for some time now. (It's been almost six years since I built/released a level... I was 13 at the time. :? )

But, I'm getting off track.
So, I went into the Room Editor to try and make some basic rooms and try to re-familiarize myself with how everything worked and what I could and couldn't do, but I'm having an issue with the screen resolution, I think.

I am currently running on a Windows 8.1 Laptop with 1366 x 768 screen resolution. Everything is functioning properly, I can play customs, I can output maps and scripting works just fine, but when I'm in the editor, I don't have access to any of the lighting or Color Palette options towards the bottom of the window (It's hidden beneath the task bar on my screen, and I've also tried moving it elsewhere, but no success either).

I've tried adjusting my laptop's screen resolution (The lowest it can go is 1024 x 768), but that didn't help and I can't be certain that that's the issue.

Is anyone running Level Editor on a newer (Windows 8.1) PC/Laptop having similar issues or know of any possible solution?

Alex Chap

Re: [TRLE] Room Editor Screen Resolution Issue?

Post by Alex Chap » 15 Jun 2015 16:52

I have the same problem on my new PC.
I know how to solve this problem, but it's only if you are using NGLE. :/

I write here anyway :

You can click on Settings near the palette and choose "Maximize NGLE Window at Start", one problem is that you can only use NGLE and not another program during this format.

I've already tried to reverse my screen in an angle of 90° to the left but only the lightning is available, not the sounds and animations of the textures.

tombraiderfreak

Post by tombraiderfreak » 15 Jun 2015 16:56

Oh, Thank You! :D

I just gave that a shot, and it worked beautifully. Now, I have to close the NGLE manually rather than just "x"-ing out of it, but that's just fine.

Thanks for the help!

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 15 Jun 2015 18:37

With older winroomedit / ngle in windows up to windows7 (don't know windows 8, don't know newest NGLE) you can do Alt + Enter.

That will maximise, and de-maximise, and re-maximise ...

This maybe also helps with newer NGLE, when you want to use another program without closing NGLE.
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

tombraiderfreak

Post by tombraiderfreak » 16 Jun 2015 04:42

snork wrote:This maybe also helps with newer NGLE, when you want to use another program without closing NGLE.
Tried this too with the NGLE, and it also worked. Thank you so much. :)

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 17 Jun 2015 08:03

Sometimes hitting "Alt" - "Enter" at the same time will help too