Problem with Levels that Use Images

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

KingOfTheValleys

Problem with Levels that Use Images

Post by KingOfTheValleys » 16 Apr 2015 15:03

Hello everyone,

My Name is Siavash Tazari and I'm a big Tomb Raider fan since the early days. :) But more about me later.

Recently, I have downloaded "Mists of Avalon" and have problems with the BMP images in the Pix folder.

I have Windows 8.1 64-Bit and my problem is that the BMP images are not visible. I know, Titak already has written something about this in the readme file, but the given solutions were of no help to me. I have tried out all possible compatibility modes, but none of them helped. I tried window mode and that helped making the BMP images visible, but I have two other problems in this mode: For one,the top left corner of the game window does not start at the top left corner of my display, but somewhere farther away from the corner. As a result, the game window goes out of the display area from the bottom and right border of the screen, meaning that I cannot see the full game window. Second, since my display aspect ratio is 16:9, the game becomes stretched in window mode (Lara becomes fat). This problem only occurs in window mode and not in fullscreen mode.

Just as a comparison, I've been playing HyperSquare for a while and I'm having no problems there.

Currently, I have renamed the Pix folder to prevent the game from accessing it. This way, I can at least see that load and save screens and can play the game this way. But it would still be nice to have the problem with the BMP images fixed, so that I also will be able to read the PDA pages from within the game. Has anyone any ideas how to fix this problem? Thank you all in advance! :)

LoreRaider

Re: Problem with Levels that Use Images

Post by LoreRaider » 16 Apr 2015 15:36

I have the same problem
It's windows 8 and 8.1 to do that
Or you cancel or rename the PIX folder, or use a Tomb4.exe and Tomb_NextGeneration of NGLE version 1.2.2.7

KingOfTheValleys

Re: Problem with Levels that Use Images

Post by KingOfTheValleys » 16 Apr 2015 18:36

Yes! Thank you very much! Replacing the DLL with the newer 1.2.2.7 version solved the problem! :D