TR1 Custom Levels on Windows 8

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

SlyRaider

TR1 Custom Levels on Windows 8

Post by SlyRaider » 16 Sep 2014 21:09

Hello ! :)

I tried to play at a TR1 custom level (Return to Rome), but I'm on Windows 8.
I followed the instructions in the "readme.txt" to install TR1 on my computer with DOSBox, but... a fail, of course !

Please, can you read that I wrote on this screen and say me where is the problem ?

I want to clarify that TR1 (thé original game) is already installed on my PC in two version : with CD and Steam.

I'm sorry if a topic already exists for this, I haven't looked. =/
Please visit Tomb Raider & Cie (Official French Fansite). Social Networks: Facebook, Twitter & YouTube.
A TRLE section is being developed on TR&Cie with French walkthrough of our favourite TRLE adventures.

Dustie

Re: TR1 Custom Levels on Windows 8

Post by Dustie » 19 Nov 2014 15:26

Have you checked if RunMe.bat is indeed in TR1CUSTOM directory? It looks like it's missing. Not sure of DOSBOX could have problems running bat files, but I don't think so...

You can also try looking up the contents of RunMe.bat by opening it in Notepad - it contains DOS commands that get executed in an automated fashion through the bat file, maybe there's something wrong with them or maybe you could try invoking those instructions manually. If you look up the bat file you could be able to tell what's it trying to do.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: TR1 Custom Levels on Windows 8

Post by vimmers » 19 Nov 2014 15:59

you could also try to install a virtuall machine
http://www.howtogeek.com/196060/beginne ... d=noscript