Puter doesn't display all textures?

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

walter90

Puter doesn't display all textures?

Post by walter90 » 31 Oct 2013 21:10

Hi,
While recently trying to play Mists of Avalon and Tomb Raider Episode One I have found that Lara and some other items show up as black. My computer plays most TR levels just fine so I wonder what the problem is. I have windows xp service pack two and have a Nvidia driver. Does anyone one know what's going on? What other information would help?

Thanks.

LOTRKingluis

Re: Puter doesn't display all textures?

Post by LOTRKingluis » 31 Oct 2013 23:15

Tomb Raider Level Editor is very bizarre. :?

I am new, and let me tell you I already start to think this editor as many secrets behind 8)

anyway, did you try to redownload? may be corrupted (but double corruption looks weird).

And try to change the resolution + change things in tomb4 setup (volumetric fx? bilinear filtering? bump mapping? I dont know xD).

Maybe play as administrator...? (this is stupid, but who knows)

Or because the games "are more recent", maybe they aren't good to play on old types of windows. Do you have anyway of trying this games on a more recent windows? maybe other pc? just to try.

Nothing else I can remember, all I just said was simple things :hammer: good luck with that :)

Scottie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Scottie » 31 Oct 2013 23:24

I have XP (SP3). I have no problems with both levels, but I have sometimes the same problem with other levels. As for an example it's not possible for me to play An Adventure by Pace and hmkayfloh because all is Black and White
Resistance is futile

walter90

Post by walter90 » 01 Nov 2013 17:27

My GF plays the same games on her Compaq which runs Vista. I tried changing compatibility settings and so on. No luck. I'll play around with the set up again. The odd thing is the first time I ran Mists of Avalon the textures and so on were there. As far as I know nothing changed in my system. Perhaps tho, one of the other games I have installed may, and it's a stretch, be interfering. I'll look into that.

LOTRKingluis

Post by LOTRKingluis » 01 Nov 2013 23:35

I've played mists of avalon two days after its release in TRLE.net

I am going to download it again and test it to see if there are any problems.... brb

edit1: The game is just fine for me, downloaded, unpacked, started the game and its all fine. no textures error. I have no idea what is happening to you guys :? :anxious: :|

walter90

Post by walter90 » 02 Nov 2013 23:37

I downloaded several other games and had the same thing happen. All of the games that give me a problem are of the newest TR varieties. Games like Mists, Tomb Raider episode one and Tomb Raider Revelations IV - The Curse of the Sword (Demo). Find out what these games have in common and what is different from the other levels and I bet we'll find the solution. I am not very savvy on things like this but those of you who build levels may be able to figure it out.

I have windows xp with 512 RAM Geforce 4 video card.

TOMBR6

Post by TOMBR6 » 05 Nov 2013 23:07

There can be an updating of drivers of a video card and updating direct x will help to solve a problem?
do you love tomb raider, how I love it?!

walter90

Post by walter90 » 06 Nov 2013 05:05

as far as I know I'm updated but I can try that. Thanks.

walter90

Post by walter90 » 28 Nov 2013 04:24

Well, I never figured it out so I just play the ones I can. Where are all the great minds?

walter90

Post by walter90 » 07 Dec 2013 18:15

I have come to the conclusion that th e problem lies with some newer levels being made on and for windows 7 and 8. I'm not a level builder so this is just a guess. I'd love to have someone more saavy than me check into this and let me know what I can add to my system that will solve the issue. Thanks. :D