screen rotation

PC problems/recommendations

Moderator: Tinka

redrat

screen rotation

Post by redrat » 13 Dec 2012 15:40

Hi,
i have problem with playing tr levels. The game works properly only several minuets, after that the game collapsed (black screen) and screen (in windows) rotated 90 degrees. I have this problem with every trle game. I have tried play it in window mode, but it is the same. The computer is not mine. System - Windows XP.

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: screen rotation

Post by Mytly » 13 Dec 2012 17:03

Sounds like you have an Intel graphics chip. If so, the problem is with the hotkeys, which are the same as the jump and action keys in TR games. So every time you jump and shoot or grab, the screen gets rotated. :wink:

The solution is simple: just disable the hotkeys. Right-click on the graphics icon in the system tray, go to the hotkeys tab, and disable them. If you can't fins the graphics icon, then right-click on the desktop, go to properties, display settings, and advanced. (I may have missed something :blush: - I don't have Windows XP now, so I'm saying this from memory.) Hope this helps. :)

redrat

Post by redrat » 14 Dec 2012 14:31

It works. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :idea:

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Mytly » 14 Dec 2012 16:08

Glad I could help. :)

Alfonzo

Post by Alfonzo » 20 Mar 2016 03:00

I had the same thing happen with Windows 7... Indeed...quite a surprise to have happen in the middle of some intense combat :-o :lol:

Another way - but less effective - is to shut down the game in task manager.
Then, press ALT + CTRL + UP Arrow key... to get the screen orientation correct.
Then, reset your desktop to the resolution that it was at using Control Panel.

Thanks Mytly for the tip about the hotkeys.
Alfonzo

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 30 May 2016 23:46

I thought I would share my experiences with playing custom levels on Windows 10. :idea: So far, it's not a big deal, except when you try to backflip from a ledge or a ladder you're holding on to. In Windows 10, Crtl+Alt+down can flip the whole screen upside down. To put the screen back in its place you need to press Crtl+Alt+up. And then, you need to come up with an alternative control so that the screen does not flip every time you want to back flip and roll (and end up falling, landing on a spike trap, lava etc.).

I switched the controls to m for the action button (instead of ctrl), though it'll take me a while to change that habit (especially when faced with a spike room in Nick's "Late Summer"... :anxious: ).
The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 31 May 2016 00:21

Hitsumei wrote:I switched the controls to m for the action button (instead of ctrl), though it'll take me a while to change that habit (especially when faced with a spike room in Nick's "Late Summer"... :anxious: ).
I have the controls like this:

A action
W sprint
S duck
D jump
I K J L directions
Shift walk
Space arm
; look
H roll

This way I don't waste time on moving fingers around :D

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 31 May 2016 21:14

You can disable it by going to the search and searching for Hotkeys and disable the rotation or as DJ said just alter your controls.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life.", '