tr2 and 3 unstable after graphics card upgrade

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

TR Trilogy

tr2 and 3 unstable after graphics card upgrade

Post by TR Trilogy » 14 Jul 2012 21:30

Hello 2 all :D ,ive just fitted an asus gtx 550 ti to cope with modern gaming requirements,and had just checked if my old "raiders" still ran ok.Well i can only run 2 and 3 in software mode as when trying to run properly with the card it is all unstable and laggy.If you visit http://www.tombraiderforums.com and look in the tech support page ,a user called ewil has posted a video showing the same fault.im just puzzled as how the other tr games work fine including tr1 with glidos and 4 and 5,and have tried every logical solution within the cards options as well as trying compatibility mode in windows xp sp3! :hammer:

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: tr2 and 3 unstable after graphics card upgrade

Post by Mytly » 15 Jul 2012 21:19

Hi! Try downloading and applying the Multipatch solution from here. This works on TR2-6 as well as the Gold add-ons. Though it says XP/Vista Multipatch, it should work on Windows 7 as well. After patching all the games that you want to, run them all without any compatibility applied. This should take care of your problems - hopefully, at least! :)

TR Trilogy

Re: tr2 and 3 unstable after graphics card upgrade

Post by TR Trilogy » 15 Jul 2012 22:24

Mytly ,thanks for your reply :D it was an annoying problem especially as only 2 and 3 in the series didnt work properly,BUT i have found a solution today after trying the original graphic card drivers that came on the asus cd.i really didnt expect it to be any different but alls well now ! i have been using the xp multipatch all along and think its brill having the games on hard drive for instant access,also a big fan of tomb raider 1 running in glidos,it really couldnt look any better!