Download Error

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

High Priestess

Download Error

Post by High Priestess » 12 Dec 2011 13:38

Hi all,

I had a problem with Google Chrome this morning but even now that appears to be sorted out, I can't download new levels via Google Chrome or I.E 8 which I switched to temporarily. I was logged in, not that this would make any difference.

When I click on the download it sends me to a blank page with the message "ID doesn't exist!"

Is this a problem with the site or at my end?

I have tried several levels and all send me to the same error message.

Thanks!

Lo :)

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Download Error

Post by Matie » 12 Dec 2011 13:44

It's not just your browser, it doesn't work for me either, same with others here.
(Something's wrong with the download counters again? It's such a problematic feature, it seems :D ) I guess Michael will fix it soon, like previously, when it happened :)

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 12 Dec 2011 13:50

Matie wrote:It's not just your browser, it doesn't work for me either, same with others here.
(Something's wrong with the download counters again? It's such a problematic feature, it seems :D ) I guess Michael will fix it soon, as previously, when it happened :)
Hi, Matie,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Everything went awry on my PC today - first Google Chrome, then my AVG short cut disappeared from my desktop security area (although I ran a scan from another area), the scroll wheel on my mouse packed up and my favourites list wasn't opening so I did wonder if something was wrong at my end! Google Chrome was also automatically closing my tabs when I clicked on them!

It's funny but when several things go wrong on one day (my PC was very expensive and is ordinarily reliable as Dells go), it is tempting to blame everything on your PC but Google Chrome is working again now. Everything seemed to go wrong at once :D

Thanks for letting me know!!

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 13 Dec 2011 13:47

Guess it really is time to switch this off again :(

Unfortunately I am travelling right now, so you will have to do without downloads for another day until I am back home tomorrow night - sorry.... :(

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 13 Dec 2011 14:03

Hey no worries, Mr. P!

I'm sure, like myself, folks have a few unfinished levels they downloaded previously to be going on with :wink: I certainly have enough in my download folders to return to (sometimes I wait for the walkthrough to be published before returning to them).

I sometimes switch between levels as and when new ones are released because I am curious to see what the newer ones are like :D

Have a safe return trip. We are I am sure all both patient and understanding. I was just relieved to realise it wasn't my browser(s) at fault.

Lo :)

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 14 Dec 2011 19:29

Should work again now - until it breaks again.... will look for a suitable download counter replacement over Christmas...

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 14 Dec 2011 21:12

Yes, just managed a successful download (just to let you know).

I'll download all of the ones I have not yet downloaded now just in case.

Thanks Mr. P! :2thumbsup: