Which Setup. exe.

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Which Setup. exe.

Post by Dutchy » 08 Oct 2011 20:05

Still fiddling around with my "BtB level" and was trying to get the Volumetric FX going.
Because there is no Setup in the build package I used another, but while attempting to get the right "path" in there something must have gone wrong.
Now I have this crooked setup

And this is the result

Any ideas???

Horus
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Which Setup. exe.

Post by Horus » 08 Oct 2011 20:16

You can create a new setup by copying the tomb4.exe (ctrl+c) and then clicking the right mouse button in your trle-folder and select 'insert shortcut' (in German it is 'Verknüpfung einfügen'). Now right click on the shortcut, edit the properties: there should be the path to your tomb4.exe (where it says 'Ziel' (target) on my computer), simply add " -setup" after the path and click ok. You should then be able to start the setup with the shortcut.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 09 Oct 2011 09:14

Created a new copy of the package on desktop and inserted my PRJ files there. After creating the TOM and new TR4 I created the setup and it still looks like the faulty one (see above). :(

Horus
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Horus » 09 Oct 2011 10:48

It could be that the script files are messed up. I think the text from the setup menu is also saved in the script.dat or english.dat. Looks like all the different strings (item names, setup menu text, credits) are messed up. Are you sure the script is fine?

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 10 Oct 2011 21:15

I took the blank scripts from the package and tried that with the new setup shortcut and all's well again. :2thumbsup:
Weird though, I never used the old Dat files when I tried a new install, only used the script text files I had to make new Dat files.
The Room Editor never stops to amaze us!
Thanks a bunch for the support Nadine!. :angel: