Encountering a problem while converting .TOM -> .TR4

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

Anurag

Encountering a problem while converting .TOM -> .TR4

Post by Anurag » 02 Oct 2009 10:17

Hi guys,

Tomb4.exe crashes to desktop whenever I try to play levels that were converted from .TOM -> .TR4 using TOM2PC. I tried to convert some old TOM files that I had on a backup HDD, I got this problem.

Just to cross check I copied "The Torch" - Ernie and "Catacombs Revisited" by Titak (.TOM versions from an old DVD), and I am encountering the same problem as soon as I select New game option the progress bar loads till 1/4th of its length and then tomb4.exe crashes. I was able to play all the three levels mentioned above without any problems earlier (around 2 years back).

I have tried it on two systems, my Desktop (WinXp pro SP2) and my laptop (Win Vista Business), I am using compressed Trle along with level manager.

Little help on this would be appreciated. :2thumbsup:

Anurag

Edit:
PS: Everytime the scripts and wads were copied properly to the respective directories, before building and playing the level
Learning the tricks of the trade ... Shall unleash once I am ready :)
Currently working on : VCI HQ - Unfinished Business -> 5% Done (Currently Shelved :D)
My Walkthroughs For Custom Levels

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Re: Encountering a problem while converting .TOM -> .TR4

Post by Gerty » 02 Oct 2009 13:11

Have no clue but I know you weren't the only one.

You can download them again as all the TOM files are now TR4 files, so no more converting to do :D
Oops, I did it again... Image

Anurag

Post by Anurag » 02 Oct 2009 19:56

:hi: Gerty,

Nevermind that I reinstalled compressed TRLE on my laptop got TRNG on top of that and now I am able to convert TOM and play, actually I was giving another shot at building so needed to convert TOM -> TR4 to test the output :wink:

Btw, any reason why all the levels were converted? any topic I can read through?
Learning the tricks of the trade ... Shall unleash once I am ready :)
Currently working on : VCI HQ - Unfinished Business -> 5% Done (Currently Shelved :D)
My Walkthroughs For Custom Levels

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 02 Oct 2009 21:27

Anurag wrote:... actually I was giving another shot at building ...
:jump2: :yay: :jump2: :yay: :jump2: :yay: :jump2: :yay: :jump2:
Jesus says: "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I shall give you rest."[Matt 11:28]