WINDOWS VISTA

PC problems/recommendations

Moderators: MichaelP, Tinka

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 13 Jun 2008 04:40

Read my post in "I HATE WINDOWS VISTA"...

Everything will get sorted out, but when you're riding on the front of the technology wave, you have a better chance of wiping out... :D

I'm about to reformat my hard drive, and reinstall XP. That's what you should do, if you're tired of your 'puter performance...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 13 Jun 2008 05:32

Tim wrote:Tizerist

Not sure if this will help, but here goes.

When I switched to Vista, I installed the Vista LE, but not the LM. I had a few teething problems as the LE installed in a folder called 'Tomb Raider - Level Editor' and not 'Core Design' as with XP.

I also found that the shortcut the LE created in the top of the Start Menu (picture below but the shortcut has now been deleted) stayed linked to the first game I installed and not the current game. Each time I used it, it started up an old game, even thought the whole folder for that game had been moved.

There are a few extra files in the Vista LE, but building the levels manually is no different to XP (can't comment on LM as I don't use it). I use the 'recent programme' shortcut in the Start Menu or click on the Tomb4.exe in the folder.

Tim u can rightclick on those programs and remove them then the tr4.exe shuld show up again

Tim

Post by Tim » 13 Jun 2008 08:59

Thanks Vimmers.

It's all sorted now.
"We have reached the limits of what is possible with computers" ......................... John Von Neumann, 1949

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 14 Jun 2008 00:12

Ah Ha !!! Maybe it's not as bad as I thought...