Re: Messing up reviews

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Dec 2017 10:15

Lol!

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Dec 2017 15:25

Afaik the original "Cottage in the Valley" I rated the highest of the entire pack... just focus on that instead.

I think some reviewers just lost the sense of "rating scale" and don't really understand the guidelines.
To me, values like "1" (which was recently given to franky's Chaos) are meant for levels like Lara In A Box.
I would even give 2 nowadays, 1 point for texturing + 1 point for lighting because both exist and don't disturb.
Could just be certain reviewers forget to rate lighting, which is actually MORE important than texturing...

Also gameplay rating is incredibly hard because play in a wrong moment and you won't even enjoy Titak.

Of course I could be wrong, just my few words and thoughts...
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 13 Dec 2017 16:15

DJ Full wrote:
13 Dec 2017 15:25

Also gameplay rating is incredibly hard because play in a wrong moment and you won't even enjoy Titak.

Of course I could be wrong, just my few words and thoughts...
titak ?????

i usually don't read reviews
but to me it looks like that LarangL and Lara_Fox_Croft
are the same person
both come from france and both start with there's reviews with "G&P :
whatever that mean

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Dec 2017 16:28

Here we go again...

(I just searched G&P in French and in English and it seems to me there are a few companies that go by that name; I couldn't find - but I may not have searched hard enough - G&P as some Internet special meaning for French users, so it doesn't seem to make much sense, I'm clueless)

Well, in that case... if I find people going by different names in forums really bad, if it were the case for reviewers it would become absolutely unacceptable. So, let's hope that's not it. If it ever happened, I think all their reviews should be deleted and a lot more control and effort should be put into who is who here.

MpGrill_trle

Post by MpGrill_trle » 13 Dec 2017 16:28

Two trolls destroying someones work with two identical hate reviews submitted the same day, same complaints, same writing style, both from France … Oh, how convenient. Such great reviews … both sooo disaponted with the same level.

A troll is a troll, doesn’t matter if its on trle.net or somewhere else. They just want to lover the grades for some reason.

And Larangl reviewed one level 2002 and decided to come back 2016 with different style of reviewing adapted to the style of Lara_croft_fox? There is a huge age difference between them. One born 1966 and the other one in his 20's, but hey, what a coincidence in the reviews.

Are they father and son ?

I hope Im wrong and just angry and this everything is just a bad coincidence.
Last edited by MpGrill_trle on 13 Dec 2017 16:31, edited 2 times in total.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Dec 2017 16:30

Frankly, I don't even want to believe that can be it. I'm just saying.

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 13 Dec 2017 16:38

Jorge, that G&P stands for Gameplay and Puzzles. Further on they also refer to E&O&S as in Enemies, Objects and Secrets and so on.
I had the same idea as vimmers or at least they have to be sitting side by side when writing.
Oops, I did it again... Image

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Dec 2017 16:50

Alright then, I wonder how I didn't find it, it does make sense. We learn something new everyday! :)

Well, who am I to say it? But I really think that should be investigated. Because if something happens and isn't taken care of it opens all sort of possibilities for things to spread like a virus.

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 15 Dec 2017 10:39

I can assure you they are not father and son, but I am investigating whether one review was really posted by one of the reviewers or not...

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 15 Dec 2017 10:49

I'm fairly certain that "one review was really posted by one of the reviewers". I would even go so far as to say that the other review was also posted by one of the reviewers! :D

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 15 Dec 2017 11:15

yes, yes - the point being that one "one" is really the same "one" as the other "one"... :p

Lara_Fox_Croft

Post by Lara_Fox_Croft » 16 Dec 2017 00:06

Well,

:idea: I feel like I have to enlighten some of your lantern :idea: :

No Larangl is not my father, bus yes I know him, and we both played the level in the same time, I even gave him my save for the banana jump near the end), we were talking with skype, and we did review this level, and The Cross of Santa Claus almost at the same moment. I can assure you that I do really think that the cottage is not an enjoyable level, and I felt that the builder was kind of sadistic with the player, but as you know everyone is free to review as objectively as possible, the point is that Larangl had quite the same point of view for this level. But when we both play a level we don't always have the same point of view about the level, and sometimes we even debate about it.

I 'always' write my review ( since years now) with the "G&P". ( means gameplay and puzzles etc etc..) to precise which part of the review guideline I'm talking about. The gameplay of the Cottage was so tedious and so irritating that I put a 3 for the gameplay and puzzles :hammer: , like some other reviewers did for some levels when they thought it was the way to make the builder understand how hard to enjoy the level was because of its difficulty. I see that Larangl used the same way to write his review that I use, but that's not my problem, but let's be clear do you really think that I'm dumb enough to write 2 reviews in the same way for a same level? I hope I am not, why would I change the rating then?

I'm just saying that well I am not a troll, and after 10 years of TRLE you should know your levels can't be enjoyed by everyone. Sorry if I hurt you, but you know I'm french I'm not english, or american etc etc so I don't mean to be rude or something (that's pretty hard to write exactly what you mean in another language than you own). I suppose that I'm not the first one to complain about your levels for their difficulty, am I wrong? :roll:

I had to say things like I saw them in the level, not to be rude but to explain the builder what to avoid and what to fix in his next levels. Maybe I'm not as good as you are in Level Building, but I can tell you that as a casual player I did not enjoyed this level. One good thing with this review is that the builder will surely pay attention to some things like his gameplay which was not good ( In my opinion). :blank:

ps: I'm working on the 3rd part of "Search for the Golden Elephant" since I post 2nd part. ( Since 2014), working a long time on a level and putting energy in it doesn't mean that you're level will be as great as you expect it to be, if you repeat the same mistakes over and over again, I know I always try to right my wrongs in level building, but there always is a problem, anyway stopping building levels because of two reviews is a sign of weakness. :-o

MpGrill_trle

Post by MpGrill_trle » 16 Dec 2017 08:23

Lara_Fox_Croft wrote:
16 Dec 2017 00:06
Well,

:idea: I feel like I have to enlighten some of your lantern :idea: :

No Larangl is not my father, bus yes I know him, and we both played the level in the same time, I even gave him my save for the banana jump near the end), we were talking with skype, and we did review this level, and The Cross of Santa Claus almost at the same moment. I can assure you that I do really think that the cottage is not an enjoyable level, and I felt that the builder was kind of sadistic with the player, but as you know everyone is free to review as objectively as possible, the point is that Larangl had quite the same point of view for this level. But when we both play a level we don't always have the same point of view about the level, and sometimes we even debate about it.

I 'always' write my review ( since years now) with the "G&P". ( means gameplay and puzzles etc etc..) to precise which part of the review guideline I'm talking about. The gameplay of the Cottage was so tedious and so irritating that I put a 3 for the gameplay and puzzles :hammer: , like some other reviewers did for some levels when they thought it was the way to make the builder understand how hard to enjoy the level was because of its difficulty. I see that Larangl used the same way to write his review that I use, but that's not my problem, but let's be clear do you really think that I'm dumb enough to write 2 reviews in the same way for a same level? I hope I am not, why would I change the rating then?

I'm just saying that well I am not a troll, and after 10 years of TRLE you should know your levels can't be enjoyed by everyone. Sorry if I hurt you, but you know I'm french I'm not english, or american etc etc so I don't mean to be rude or something (that's pretty hard to write exactly what you mean in another language than you own). I suppose that I'm not the first one to complain about your levels for their difficulty, am I wrong? :roll:

I had to say things like I saw them in the level, not to be rude but to explain the builder what to avoid and what to fix in his next levels. Maybe I'm not as good as you are in Level Building, but I can tell you that as a casual player I did not enjoyed this level. One good thing with this review is that the builder will surely pay attention to some things like his gameplay which was not good ( In my opinion). :blank:

ps: I'm working on the 3rd part of "Search for the Golden Elephant" since I post 2nd part. ( Since 2014), working a long time on a level and putting energy in it doesn't mean that you're level will be as great as you expect it to be, if you repeat the same mistakes over and over again, I know I always try to right my wrongs in level building, but there always is a problem, anyway stopping building levels because of two reviews is a sign of weakness. :-o

-
Last edited by MpGrill_trle on 16 Dec 2017 12:23, edited 2 times in total.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 16 Dec 2017 09:48

And I complained of Gorty's reviews...

That kind of rating should be fit for the likes of Lara in a box or Cain's levels etc. I'm sure nobody really empathises.

So you're French? Meaning? Of course you're free to write your reviews but maybe not so much as a mean team effort.

T'as été méchant, je crois...

Go, mpgrill, go! Most of us stand by you. :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 16 Dec 2017 11:32