Messing up reviews

helping builders & reviewers hone their skills

Moderators: QRS, Raymond, eTux, EssGee

Post Reply
User avatar
EssGee
Mod
Mod
Posts: 5662
Joined: 01 Feb 2003 12:56
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by EssGee » 27 Feb 2016 01:21

Crazyboy124 wrote:I did not review Beyond The Scion (Ive played it but that review did not come from me).
Thank you. I see it has been removed now.
Image
It's Tomb Raider Jim... but not as we know it. :evil:

User avatar
JoeTheCrazyGamer
Member
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: 07 May 2015 21:01
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 28 Feb 2016 14:55

EssGee wrote:
Crazyboy124 wrote:I did not review Beyond The Scion (Ive played it but that review did not come from me).
Thank you. I see it has been removed now.
Just to clarify here, :D I just want to add that Beyond The Scion was an awesome game. I've already said that wasnt my review but I didnt mention I loved that game, (Just wanted to point that out incase you were getting the Impression that i didnt, :D :D It deserves 4x10. (I don't say that often).
Last edited by JoeTheCrazyGamer on 17 Sep 2016 22:16, edited 2 times in total.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

User avatar
EssGee
Mod
Mod
Posts: 5662
Joined: 01 Feb 2003 12:56
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by EssGee » 28 Feb 2016 21:11

Crazyboy124 wrote:Just to clarify here, :D I just want to add that Beyond The Scion was an awesome game. I've already said that wasnt my review but I didnt mention I loved that game, (Just wanted to point that out incase you were getting the Impression that i didnt, :D :D It deserves 4x10.
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. Don't worry... I didn't make any assumptions from your earlier post. :)
Image
It's Tomb Raider Jim... but not as we know it. :evil:

User avatar
OverRaider
Member
Member
Posts: 734
Joined: 05 Dec 2012 20:35

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by OverRaider » 22 Mar 2016 07:45

Crazyboy124 wrote:And you say im not taking reviewing seriously look at all people with over 100 reviews yet there average score is above 9. (Some TRLEs are better than other yet we see alot of reviewers with above 9 average). In other words, "If every trle had a good score then what would a good score mean?" < Think about that.
Sorry for the late reply but I just didn`t notice your edited post (4 times and several days after several posts submitted by the way) and I really noticed it just now randomly...

So actually I agree with what you said in the above quote even if (maybe it is just me who see it like that) it somehow more or less doesn`t fit in your rating scale, but allow me to explain you why I reported your reviews in here...

There are several reasons such as for example your introduction to this community and that you created a thread asking how to become a reviewer but you didn`t wish your name to be displayed, now seriously sorry to say it but it sounded childish for me, there is nothing wrong in that you do not wish your name to be displayed but why to mention it at first place? Another reason is that there are several rather incorrectly words used in context as well as several grammar mistakes in your reviews and I wouldn`t expect something like that from a person whose native language is english altough you explained that you are writing reviews from mobile phone and that caused some missing words what then makes sense to all this but on the other side it feels rather lacking of seriousness, don`t you think? Another reason is that you have been quite critical, well just way too critical in scoring for that we don`t know who you really are as you are a member here not for a long time and you don`t have many posts either and reading your comments didn`t really explain why such low marks in almost all aspects so all this made me report you here so maybe Michael could contact you about all this. There is nothing wrong in that, there have been several "reviewers" reported here and quite few of them were actually trolls so that the "reviews" were imediately removed, you know there are people in this world who just find pleasure in doing bad things because they have nothing else to do in their life and I for the sense of protecting our valuable custom world reported you while I have been thinking that you might have been potential troll.

I hope I didn`t distract you from reviewing as I haven`t seen any from you since that day so feel free to keep expressing your opinion in both comments and scores in future reviews but please remember best way is to take little time in writing review, it doesn`t have to be long, really, it is always better quality over quantity. To be honest, now, to tell you something about me, I`ve been reported here too for that I`ve been too harsh in a review long time ago, because my early reviews weren`t long, really, I gave more attention to scores and I always thought that by writing long review we spoil too much from a game, but then I realized that if a player do not wish to "know" what content contains level then he just simply won`t read reviews, simple.
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

Image

User avatar
JoeTheCrazyGamer
Member
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: 07 May 2015 21:01
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 25 Mar 2016 13:54

Sorry for the late reply but I just didn`t notice your edited post (4 times and several days after several posts submitted by the way) and I really noticed it just now randomly...

So actually I agree with what you said in the above quote even if (maybe it is just me who see it like that) it somehow more or less doesn`t fit in your rating scale, but allow me to explain you why I reported your reviews in here...

There are several reasons such as for example your introduction to this community and that you created a thread asking how to become a reviewer but you didn`t wish your name to be displayed, now seriously sorry to say it but it sounded childish for me, there is nothing wrong in that you do not wish your name to be displayed but why to mention it at first place? Another reason is that there are several rather incorrectly words used in context as well as several grammar mistakes in your reviews and I wouldn`t expect something like that from a person whose native language is english although you explained that you are writing reviews from mobile phone and that caused some missing words what then makes sense to all this but on the other side it feels rather lacking of seriousness, don`t you think? Another reason is that you have been quite critical, well just way too critical in scoring for that we don`t know who you really are as you are a member here not for a long time and you don`t have many posts either and reading your comments didn`t really explain why such low marks in almost all aspects so all this made me report you here so maybe Michael could contact you about all this. There is nothing wrong in that, there have been several "reviewers" reported here and quite few of them were actually trolls so that the "reviews" were imediately removed, you know there are people in this world who just find pleasure in doing bad things because they have nothing else to do in their life and I for the sense of protecting our valuable custom world reported you while I have been thinking that you might have been potential troll.
There was a reason why i didn't want my name to be mentioned it i'm not gonna say to much about it but it was cos i use the same name for YT and twitch (Don't really care about my full name being mentioned anymore, I didnt care it was because when i sent the email it had my full name and i was ok with it saying "Joe" but i didn't want my surname to be there cos i was new to yt). But now i dont really care i just was more worried about it back then.

Grammar, Well i admit i'm not good at spelling and grammar, (I'm surprised i passed english tbh). And anyone on YT/Twitch would say i cannot spell. In my english exam i had a scribe (Someone to write for me) so basically what i'm saying is I'm not perfect at spelling - Believe me i've noticed errors when i've read them back (once the have been published but then it's too late)
Also i can be critical and i try not to put it in a rude way but as a YTer i've had criticism but i don't see it as rude i see it as trying to make my stuff better so im applying the same logic here. One of the main reason why i don't mention all reasons for giving low marks is again i don't wanna say something offensive.

But what I will say is people have the different opinions. Sometimes i write a long review and get rid of most of it because I dont want to spoil too much but i've noticed it can be hard to review without spoiling anything. BTW I also thing noone wants to read a very long paragraph. I just honestly say what i thought of the level if i liked it and what could be improved but sometimes i like to take out the criticism because most of the time other reviewers already said it and i dont think theres any point repeating.


But ill try to take what you say on board, I like being criticised because it makes me better :D.

As always if you dont agree with what i said tell me.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

User avatar
OverRaider
Member
Member
Posts: 734
Joined: 05 Dec 2012 20:35

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by OverRaider » 26 Mar 2016 06:39

Crazyboy124 wrote:Grammar, Well i admit i'm not good at spelling and grammar...
Nah, don`t say that when Jorge is around here, because he will be like :freakout: .... :D
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

Image

User avatar
DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 6713
Joined: 02 Nov 2010 03:02

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by DJ Full » 26 Mar 2016 11:27

Sometimes i write a long review and get rid of most of it because I dont want to spoil too much but i've noticed it can be hard to review without spoiling anything.
Instead of direct spoilers you can mention the mechanism applied in the level so only who has already played it will recognize what you mean.
One of the main reason why i don't mention all reasons for giving low marks is again i don't wanna say something offensive.
Reasons should be mentioned no matter of what, otherwise the review isn't much helpful for the builder.
look at all people with over 100 reviews yet there average score is above 9
Could be they just pick good games to play.
noone wants to read a very long paragraph.
Not true.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

User avatar
JesseG
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1073
Joined: 10 Mar 2006 20:33
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by JesseG » 26 Mar 2016 14:21

DJ Full wrote:
noone wants to read a very long paragraph.
Not true.
Agreed. Especially if I were the builder, it could contain a wealth of useful information (and sometimes "tough love" is what it takes for a message to come through). Even as a fellow reviewer I find the long reviews interesting, although on the flip side some reviewers know how to say a lot in few words which is fine too.
Image

User avatar
JoeTheCrazyGamer
Member
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: 07 May 2015 21:01
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 26 Mar 2016 16:27

JesseG wrote:
DJ Full wrote:
noone wants to read a very long paragraph.
Not true.
Agreed. Especially if I were the builder, it could contain a wealth of useful information (and sometimes "tough love" is what it takes for a message to come through). Even as a fellow reviewer I find the long reviews interesting, although on the flip side some reviewers know how to say a lot in few words which is fine too.
That was kind of knocked out of context there, "What i was saying was No One wants to read a long paragraph" was when i was talking about repeating what others have said, So what i meant was Noone wants to read a long paragraph that has stuff that has already been said.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

uzi master
Member
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: 22 Dec 2010 03:46

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by uzi master » 26 Mar 2016 17:40

I'd much rather hear someone repeat what others have said, than seemingly give little reason for their low scores.

Phil
Mod
Mod
Posts: 4931
Joined: 12 Apr 2002 22:57
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by Phil » 27 Mar 2016 17:29

uzi master wrote:...than seemingly give little reason for their low scores.
Amen. The same could be said for high scores. A review of one or two sentences is of little help to anyone.

User avatar
JoeTheCrazyGamer
Member
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: 07 May 2015 21:01
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 28 Mar 2016 13:50

OverRaider wrote:
Crazyboy124 wrote:Grammar, Well i admit i'm not good at spelling and grammar...
Nah, don`t say that when Jorge is around here, because he will be like :freakout: .... :D

Why is he an english teacher. He can be my profreader :p
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

User avatar
JoeTheCrazyGamer
Member
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: 07 May 2015 21:01
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 01 Apr 2016 12:43

Phil wrote:
uzi master wrote:...than seemingly give little reason for their low scores.
Amen. The same could be said for high scores. A review of one or two sentences is of little help to anyone.

Im messaging my updated comments to Micheael ive sent him Techno Egyptians Portal and once ive done them all I'll send the rest. (If there is a way to attact .txts let me know)
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

User avatar
Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 8982
Joined: 21 May 2003 03:26
Location: Portugal (Porto area)

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by Jorge22 » 07 Apr 2016 22:19

Sorry, double post. :blush:
Last edited by Jorge22 on 07 Apr 2016 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

User avatar
Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter
Posts: 8982
Joined: 21 May 2003 03:26
Location: Portugal (Porto area)

Re: Messing up reviews

Post by Jorge22 » 07 Apr 2016 22:20

Lol. Nope. I'm a Portuguese teacher. And a French teacher when there are French classes left for me. And a translator at times. And a writer at times. I once was a journalist too (of the kind that can spell and form correct sentences). Hmm, and at home my father was a Portuguese, Latin and Greek teacher. Furthermore, I enjoy reading.:)
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests