Unannounced Revised Levels

questions/announcements

Moderators: QRS, mugs, Tinka

Phil
Mod
Mod

Unannounced Revised Levels

Post by Phil » 29 Mar 2019 15:05

Here we go again. Dutchy has pointed out that my walkthrough for Tomb Raider - The Discovery doesn't jibe in several important aspects with the version he's playing, clearly indicating that the builder has released a revised version. If that's the case, there's no mention of it on the level info screen. As we've noted before, unannounced revisions play havoc with the walkthrough writers (and video artitsts) among us, and this is not fair either to the writers or to those players who rely on the walkthroughs. Once again, I implore that Michael either (1) refuse to host any revisions once the walkthrough has been posted (my preference) or (2) let the community know that the level has been revised, and when.

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Unannounced Revised Levels

Post by MichaelP » 31 Mar 2019 09:07

Well, it's all in the communication. Indeed the builder had provided a revised version only a few days after the original release if I recall correctly, but she did not ask for that to be pointed out on the info page nor give the impression that the changes would be relevant in terms of the flow of the gameplay…

TombTitan

Re: Unannounced Revised Levels

Post by TombTitan » 02 May 2019 00:05

Ranpyon states in the Stuck thread that Michael Prager updated her download of The Dragon Pearl today. Once again there is no mention in the info page that this new download in incompatible with previous savegames and there are some revisions in gameplay, or merely the fact that the download was updated (as aspidetr.com did with its revised download).