Pat Chancey (Mugs)

questions/announcements

Moderators: mugs, QRS, Tinka

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Pat Chancey (Mugs)

Post by Ryan » 23 Aug 2017 14:28

Pat's sister might be reading these tributes. After all, they're very touching. Pat meant a lot to us.
Last edited by Ryan on 26 Aug 2017 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Aug 2017 14:55

Well, I don't know about that really. I mean, people will browse the net no matter, especially, that being the case, the forums where she left a note to inform us about the event.
But yeah, there isn' any obituary (except for something dated 2007) - http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theled ... &fhid=3990 - which would make it even weirder.
The ET explanation would be we'd have been talking to somebody else since 2007 as well as playing somebody else's games, but it still wouldn't make sense. And would she have been 69 back then?

None of us want to play detectives but we were (are) all shocked, so I think it's easily understandable. This makes me think of the Paul is dead hoax. Sorry if it sounds stupid...

EDIT: There's only one Patricia Chancey on this list aged 69. But I'd have to register (and pay, I think) to get more data about it: https://www.searchquarry.com/namesearch ... =&state=FL
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 23 Aug 2017 20:23

Jorge
I have no idea what happened to Mugs, all I know that she underwent chemotherapy for cancer and the last PM I got from her was on the 17th.
She had to go hospital Monday for an infusion, as her iron count was low.
Then she had a week off so to speak and back to chemo #3. She said it was tough going.
That is all I know and I doubt it that Mugs will play games about something so serious (or her family for that matter).
Oops, I did it again... Image

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Aug 2017 21:10

So, it's true.......................... Of course it was but I somehow held on to some hope it might not be so. Anything would have been better.

In the name of all of us, I believe, a big thank you for letting us know.

We're all grieving for our beloved friend.
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 23 Aug 2017 21:17

Over the last two months, Pat told me that she had health checkups, and that she had to undergo chemotherapy again.

I really wanted to wish her a happy birthday in light of her health issues, and hoped she'd beat cancer again (between the treatments and her optimism). The last time I spoke to her was on her birthday. I thought she was going to get some rest after chemo...and then three days later, I hear she's dead! The health challenges she dealt with must have been really intense... :(

At least she got to see me get a permanent job in Georgia before she died, to show that her encouragements paid off.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 23 Aug 2017 23:58

I didn't know she had such serious issues... that explains why she died so young.
In fact she had so much of great energy I expected her to outlive me by years...
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 24 Aug 2017 09:27

So did I, so did I indeed. I'm the one who's generally not upbeat and the one who's feeling sick and stressed up in a near permanent basis. Pat must have been very strong.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 24 Aug 2017 12:52

We now have the final proof of Pat's passing:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tampab ... &fhid=5590

I encourage all of us to leave a message of condolence in the guest book. Include your country of residence so that others will know how far and wide Pat's influence extended.

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 25 Aug 2017 23:06

Thank you for that, Phil. I have added a message to the guest book. A sad thing for all those of us who knew dear :cuppa: :cuppa:.
"He enables me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul ..."[Ps 23:2-3]

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 26 Aug 2017 07:51

AlexCroft wrote:
20 Aug 2017 00:01
I'm really sorry for this loss, :(

Thanks to her level "Alcatraz" that is one of the first custom levels I played I have approached more to this world of TRLE. My dearest condolences. We're close to you.

Hugs.
I never managed to complete this level but must try again in honour of a great lady.

Carol, thank you for informing the Raiders for your sister, Pat was a lovely and approachable lady whom evoked AND deserved much respect. I shared a few private messages with Pat and she was always gracious, witty and helpful. I am very shocked to learn of her passing and my condolances are genuinely sent to yourself and family. God bless you all during this sad time xx

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 26 Aug 2017 07:55

Ryan wrote:
23 Aug 2017 14:28
The only other possibility is that it is Pat's sister, Carol, checking how the forum is coping without her. But you'd think she would be with her family at this sad time. Very strange...
Sorry but that is a terrible thing to insinuate much less type, Ryan.

People grieve in many different ways my friend. When I lost my dear father I spent a lot of time online - it's called escapism. Maybe Carol wants to read the tributes as it would likely be a comfort to her. Please, don't be quick to judge - we all have our methods sweetheart :angel:

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 26 Aug 2017 09:40

You're right. I've edited my previous post to include what you said. Sorry about that, and sorry about your father, High Priestess.

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 26 Aug 2017 15:17

Ryan wrote:
26 Aug 2017 09:40
You're right. I've edited my previous post to include what you said. Sorry about that, and sorry about your father, High Priestess.
That's OK, sorry if I sounded harsh. My father was a wonderful man and also claimed by cancer. Thanks for your kind thoughts. I didn't know what to do with myself at the time. :angel:

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 27 Aug 2017 11:44

LoreRaider wrote:
19 Aug 2017 23:44
I have no words for that...
We will miss playing new christmas levels from her, as we were doing every year, also, she was so kind with everyone :(
You hit the nail on the head there my friend. Pat rarely let us Raiders down with her amusing and enjoyable Christmas levels. I literally LIVED for her levels. I still have some in my downloads and will definitely replay them. I hope we have a lot of new ones from other builders this Christmas in memory of Mugs.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 27 Aug 2017 11:59

I've still got her "Scrooge" Christmas level to review and I aim to play it very soon. You're right, she never let us down.