Pat Chancey (Mugs)

questions/announcements

Moderators: QRS, mugs, Tinka

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Re: Pat Chancey (Mugs)

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 20 Aug 2017 15:26

This is so sad i spoke with her a few times and I will miss her so much, TRLE.net will never be the same without her.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 20 Aug 2017 16:55

Sitting here with tears in my eyes, not knowing what to say...

My condolences, Carol and thank you so much for taking the time to let us know.

Maybe more than many of you would even know, this community was guided and guarded by Pat, very quietly in the background, but she was always there, always kind, always helpful and seeing the good in every single member. I am very sad that I never got the chance to meet her in person myself - and yet I feel I have actually known her quite well over all those years ...

It is such a devastating thought that she won't be around here anymore - but then again, she always will be, as all of us who had the priviledge to be in touch with her will never forget her...

Carol - if you still read this and there is anything this community can do to help and support you, family and friends in this difficult time, please do not hesitate to ask!

sonnyd83

Post by sonnyd83 » 20 Aug 2017 17:29

:rose:

To a special person who's kindness was unlimited.

Thank you Pat for your kind words and your time over the past 6 years - it always meant the world to me.

Dave

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 20 Aug 2017 17:40

Very sad to hear the news, not much else to say really other than we'll all miss her kind and uplifting personality.

Thanks for letting us know, Carol.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » 20 Aug 2017 20:15

I just read about it on Laraslevelbase. I am truly sorry for your loss, Carol.

Pat and I first got in touch when I joined the New Tribune blog team in 2008. Over the years, she has proofread more than a hundred of my translations for that blog. Her tireless suggestions have certainly had impact on my level of English. She was someone you could count on in every Advent Calendar project since 2012, too. The custom levels she built are fun to play, but her support went well beyond custom levels. Even though these few weeks before Christmas could get very stressy, for instance, Pat's always had some reassuring words and positive feedback to offer. Similarly, she knew how to gather ideas and inspire the teams of the past Back to Basics projects. It's sad to hear she has passed away. Although we've only ever met online, I've known Pat as a very creative, very kind and giving person. I'll sure miss her.

Buck

Post by Buck » 21 Aug 2017 12:43

So sorry to hear the sad news.

Mugs was such a lovely, kind and encouraging member of the community. I got to know her through the Lara's Levelbase Tribune, we worked on many articles and have only positive and fond memories of Mugs.

So sorry for your (and our all) loss, Carol, and thank you so much for letting us know.

Buck

Isis

Post by Isis » 21 Aug 2017 22:17

It seems only a short while ago Pat was beta testing my btob level, so I'm shocked to hear this very sad news. My sincere condolences to her family.
Friends of Felines Rescue Centre http://www.ustream.tv/ffrc

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 22 Aug 2017 17:33

I'm shocked. I cant imagine trle.net without mugs... She was the Queen of this place, kind, sweet, helpful... No more Btb bird... No more xmas lvls... I can't stand this. Condolences for the family and a huge loss for the entire TR community.
I have never met mugs personally, but I am glad I knew Her. I'll never forget Her.
Rest in Peace Dear Angel.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 22 Aug 2017 18:07

I'm sorry if this seems off-something but any chance of knowing whatever happened?

I mean, just the day before she was on the chat section playing with her own anniversary.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 23 Aug 2017 00:44

What can I say... :cry:
I still can't believe it. :bigcry:
My deepest condolences to family and friends, she will always be remembered by us all.
I have no words... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sorry.

Fluen

Post by Fluen » 23 Aug 2017 01:58

I'm so sorry. I simply don't know what to write. We are going to miss her.

Amethyste

Post by Amethyste » 23 Aug 2017 07:37

all my condolences

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Aug 2017 12:45

Someone was active here yesterday: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=563.

I know not everyone will be understanding of why but the entire community, I think, would be very grateful for a few words. Not that they'd explain something unexplainable but still...
Very honestly, I'd be totally relieved and forgiving if mugs had, for whatever reason, faked her own death. Not that I'm expecting anything like that, of course.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 23 Aug 2017 13:49

Jorge22 wrote:
23 Aug 2017 12:45
Someone was active here yesterday: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=563.

I know not everyone will be understanding of why but the entire community, I think, would be very grateful for a few words. Not that they'd explain something unexplainable but still...
Very honestly, I'd be totally relieved and forgiving if mugs had, for whatever reason, faked her own death. Not that I'm expecting anything like that, of course.
Another possibility is that Pat is incapacitated and that someone is using her account to play games with us. I hate that I'm having such thoughts. But the recent visit here, and the fact that there still is no posted obituary, is starting to make me suspicious.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Aug 2017 14:20

Ditto, Phil - and you're a lawyer. That would be one of the lamest 'jokes' ever.

I don't know. And I hate having such thoughts too.