CANCELLATION LEVELS AND REGISTRATION TO THE SITE

questions/announcements

Moderators: mugs, QRS, Tinka

franky

Re: CANCELLATION LEVELS AND REGISTRATION TO THE SITE

Post by franky » 28 May 2016 21:29

DJ Full wrote:If you lost a tester don't worry, there are many here and also on tombraiderforums.
About the reviews they point out flaws and/or warn players about harder moments.
So they only give "help" in case if you decide to fix what has been pointed out.

I see Jose didn't understand the hydra fight and got unnecessarily tired by it.
Could be his rating would be 1 or 2 points higher in case if he got that right.
But it wouldn't do much difference in general score and reception.

What really helps is to play some levels which have been rated low and understand why.
I wanted to build many things in the past but I saw them in other games so I didn't have to repeat.
That reduced predictability and increased the chance of giving players something unexpected.
Hello DJ FULL
the English language unfortunately I is a major obstacle for me and understand exactly what you mean, I also help me with Google Translate.

I am discouraged and disappointed not so much for the review that could be written in a less hard, it does not say LEVEL FALLS APART, but for the fact that I lost the friendship of two persons (tester) which are the most important thing of 1000 levels.

I was disappointed because they too have supported what has been said about the level, prorpio them that have tested my level.

However now that I'm more quiet and peaceful I will try to see things in a different light and perhaps will not cut levels.

I thank you for your words of encouragement and help you are giving me, you're the 'only person who understood the problem and my sensitivity.

Hello and thanks Franky

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 28 May 2016 21:53

franky wrote:you're the only person who understood the problem
I'm not the only one. Most of people here build their own levels, many of them started with low ratings and they can understand you pretty good. Also you don't just lose friendship that easily, if your tester friend cares you'll be fine with him.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

franky

Post by franky » 29 May 2016 10:41

DJ Full wrote:If you lost a tester don't worry, there are many here and also on tombraiderforums.
About the reviews they point out flaws and/or warn players about harder moments.
So they only give "help" in case if you decide to fix what has been pointed out.

I see Jose didn't understand the hydra fight and got unnecessarily tired by it.
Could be his rating would be 1 or 2 points higher in case if he got that right.
But it wouldn't do much difference in general score and reception.

What really helps is to play some levels which have been rated low and understand why.
I wanted to build many things in the past but I saw them in other games so I didn't have to repeat.
That reduced predictability and increased the chance of giving players something unexpected.
Hello DJ Full
now I'm more quiet and peaceful, peròsono very confused about what I should do.

For me the 'friendship is worth more 1000 reviews, good or bad they are.

The levels can remain on your site, so do the reviews, of course if there was someone who spoke the Italian would understand much better the advice found in the reviews, but the Google translator is not done well, and creates a lot of confusion.

What interests me is to get back the friendship of my friend Tester.

Thanks for the words of encouragement that you told me, you're the only person who understood my problem and my sensitivity.

Hello Franky

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 29 May 2016 11:18

Hi Franky, Alex there.

I know people already said this but don't be discouraged by the reviews, don't forget that you do this also for you own pleasure. :) It's not because a game has poor scores and poor reputation that it has to be forgotten. Now I can understand that you want improve, but don't know how, you can take a break and think about your work, about why some games are considered as great.

DJ Full mentionned that you can find a lot of testers, even if you lost yours, I just hope that nothing gone wrong with you.

franky

Post by franky » 29 May 2016 20:28

Alex Chap wrote:Hi Franky, Alex there.

I know people already said this but don't be discouraged by the reviews, don't forget that you do this also for you own pleasure. :) It's not because a game has poor scores and poor reputation that it has to be forgotten. Now I can understand that you want improve, but don't know how, you can take a break and think about your work, about why some games are considered as great.

DJ Full mentionned that you can find a lot of testers, even if you lost yours, I just hope that nothing gone wrong with you.
Hi Alex
I thank you for the nice words, but I was pissed and out of me, so I wanted to stop making levels, however, they are now more serene and I agree with what you have written on my level.

Hello Franky

franky

Post by franky » 29 May 2016 20:35

DJ Full wrote:
franky wrote:you're the only person who understood the problem
I'm not the only one. Most of people here build their own levels, many of them started with low ratings and they can understand you pretty good. Also you don't just lose friendship that easily, if your tester friend cares you'll be fine with him.
Hello DJ FULL
I hope so much to regain the friendship of a friend,
Hello and thanks Franky

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 02 Jun 2016 11:00

Franky, once you make something avaliable to a public you're in for good, bad and so-so reviews. What you can do is improve and "show them all"! Or not, that's entirely up to you. I haven't played your level yet but I hope to sometime.
There's really no point in withdrawing your levels or walking away from the forums.

Ok, I just read the reviews. They're not insulting or anything (and I wouldn't expect that from the reviewers here, anyway). Just plain honest. Now, is honesty a bad thing? Think of yourself as an actual "author" having to deal with ill-meaning critics on the media. Or just being ignored. That would be bad. Not this, we're a friendly community and most reviews teach the builders something useful. Even when they seem mostly negative.

As for your beta-tester friend, I'm not quite sure I follow you. If he's a friend he won't walk away because of a level. If he's an acquaintance and gets mad because of something like that, besides being immature you must definitely be better off without him.

Looking forward to seeing new and improved stuff from you. :)
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."