Entrance to Salomon's Tomb

questions/announcements

Moderators: mugs, QRS, Tinka

Phil
Mod
Mod

Entrance to Salomon's Tomb

Post by Phil » 26 Mar 2015 21:24

I'm playing this older level now. I have encountered no enemies thus far. Where they should be are floating marbles which I believe are referred to affectionately as "butts." I assume there was an error in compiling the files to create a playable level, but I don't have the technical know-how to fix the problem. So I'm reporting it here.

Alex Chap

Re: Entrance to Salomon's Tomb

Post by Alex Chap » 27 Mar 2015 08:09

Only the author can correct this problem, he used some objects but not with the good graphics slots.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 29 Mar 2015 16:59

Not entirely true, every reviewer mentions TRWest and so does the walkthrough. When the hosted levels went through the mass conversion to compiled tr4 files, this one might not have received the attention it required (considering the file might have been called catacomb.tom, I'd hazard a guess it was converted with the original catacomb.wad).

I'll see if said tool works under Windows 7 and try compiling a working tr4 file. Been a long time since I fiddled with anything LE-related though.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 29 Mar 2015 23:06

Phil, I've built the TRWest script and apparently it's working fine. I played through the first 15ish minutes (up to the area below) and encountered no butts/missing objects whatsoever. If you stumble upon any let us know so we can look further into it.

>> Download fixed .tr4 file

It contains just the .tr4 file, so you still need the scripts and whatnot from the original package. Please, once you're finished post a confirmation if it works 100% so Michael can eventually replace the hosted files.

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 31 Mar 2015 10:55

The TR4 that Treeble kindly provided looks ok from my end, so package is being updated as I type this...

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 01 Apr 2015 01:06

I had already reviewed the level before I saw this, but I downloaded the revised file and it works like a charm. Another example of how teamwork enhances everyone's enjoyment of this site. Thanks, Treeble and Michael.