Sort by Review Count?

questions/announcements

Moderators: mugs, QRS, Tinka

eTux
Mod
Mod

Sort by Review Count?

Post by eTux » 20 Apr 2012 22:54

I (very (very)) vaguely remember this may have been asked before - so pardon me if it has - but would it be possible to add an extra column in the level listing that shows you the review count each level has and allows you to sort by it (meaning - highest to lowest/ lowest to highest)?

Apart from lots of interesting statistical shenanigans like determining the most reviewed games out there, the most reviewed builders, etc. - the practical use for this could be players/reviewers deliberately giving chance to the more overlooked games out there. True, there's the wishlist for the really overlooked/ignored levels - but I think this could give more awareness to the hidden gems in the 7-15 review count limbo.

Of course, if it's complicated to implement or you don't share my views of the feature's practicality - I'll let it be :D

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Sort by Review Count?

Post by MichaelP » 21 Apr 2012 11:19

Certainly doable, but (for me anyway) not quite a 5 minute exercise, but more like a rainy Sunday afternoon/evening effort to make it work :D - will keep it in mind and should that rainy Sunday come along will get right to it ...

eTux
Mod
Mod

Post by eTux » 21 Apr 2012 12:14

I couldn't possibly ask for more than for you to consider it, and there's certainly no rush if you intend to do so :2thumbsup:

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 21 Apr 2012 16:21

I was wondering about the same thing - in fact, I was planning to suggest it in the Review sub-forum. Glad to see you're going to implement it, Michael. :)

While you're at it, can you make another change in the level listing columns as well (if it's possible, and you agree with it, of course)? Could you move the levelinfo column to the left by a few places? Preferably to between levelname/download and class. That's because the position it is now, it's not easy to tell at first glance which level each levelinfo link belongs to, because the levelname column and levelinfo columns are so far apart, especially on widescreen monitors.