Security warning

questions/announcements

Moderators: mugs, QRS, Tinka

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Security warning

Post by Matie » 19 Jul 2010 14:51

I get a warning (which prevents me from reading the pages) when I open certain threads, such as the BtB2011 thread, "What is your favorite TV series? ", "Moin Moin Juli" (page 1) in the Chat section and even "BtB08" here in the Administration section - it says watching the page may damage my computer :huh: Also it says something about "icons.iconator.com". Does anyone have an idea why is this? Others doesn't seem to have this problem, and I didn't have it either (until now).

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Security warning

Post by snork » 19 Jul 2010 17:39

That is the adress of bene's avatar : h**p://icons.iconator.com/782/ICONATOR_1e1baf239d91d7016c959cf79e3bbfab.gif.

I don't see how that would do harm. (maybe to bene 8) , but not to us) So customise your Norton or what you got there, so it stops giving silly warnings.

No I don't have that problem, because I do not use a watch-over-me application.
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 19 Jul 2010 18:27

Yes, I can't view bene's profile either. I've recently changed my anti-virus software on my computer, apparently it wasn't a good idea (a full scanning took more than 6 hours :-o and it found the lensflare colour changer for TREP infected :/ [I feel so stupid now :roll: ]). I'm going to remove it and put Avast back. (I should have posted this thread in the Tech forum, sorry)
Thank you for the help, Snork! :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 12 Oct 2010 12:44

Try Avira (Antivir): very reliable, German technology, and free unless you really do need a lot of not that needed features.
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 14 Oct 2010 17:56

I put Avast back and everything seems to be working just fine now. I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the suggestion Jorge! :)